This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Woe is Sergio

This happened about a month ago and I just haven't gotten around to posting it yet.

So another day in the call center, satellite tv tech support style, and I get a call from she who shall now be known as the Beverly Hills Bitch, so named for her location and other obvious reasons.

The Beverly Hills Bitch wanted to complain about her tech, Sergio. She spoke a mile a minute and said his name every other word with this really annoying trill: Sergio! Maybe it was her attempt at pronouncing his name correctly or maybe she was just a condescending cow, who knows.

BVH: I would like you to know that Sergio! was at my home today and I'm afraid I have to report that Sergio! doesn't really know what he's doing. You see, I told Sergio! to set up my Netflix on my television and Sergio! didn't have a clue what I was talking about. Now don't you think that your company would have better trained Sergio! before you sent him into the field?

She continued on in this manner for several minutes, displaying an alarming ability to go for unnaturally long periods without oxygen, until finally she paused and I jumped in.

MG5: (moi): Ma'am, when you say Netflix are you actually talking about our on demand service that streams from the internet?

BHB: *big huffy sigh* No, I'm talking about NETFLIX! You know, red logo, you can get their dvds in the mail, that one! I got a new smart tv and it comes with their service!

MG5: I understand now. Well, BHB, Netflix is actually a completely separate service from our satellite tv. We don't offer it, we don't service it, and -

BHB: No, YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND! Sergio! was here to hook up my television!

MG5: No, he was there to connect your satellite receiver to the internet.

BHB: Well, Sergio! did that! But Sergio! was completely unaware of how to connect my Netflix!

MG5: Again, that's because Netflix -

BHB: And I had to stand over Sergio! and tell him he was doing it wrong! And it took Sergio over an hour to get it working!

MG5: Um...Sergio actually got your Netflix working?

BHB: Yes! But it took him FOREVER! Sergio! didn't know how to do it!

MG5: OK, so you are calling to complain that your technician took an extra hour out of his day to set up a completely unrelated service that has nothing to do with his job? (while you stood over him making his life a living hell?)

BHB: *clearly finding nothing wrong with her insane entitlement whore reasoning* Yes, because it took Sergio! forever! You need to send Sergio!back to training so Sergio! can learn how to do things right! Be a dear and send Sergio's! supervisor some feedback on his performance today, would you?

*click*

This isn't even close to how bad this call was. She actually bitched for thirty freaking minutes about Sergio! this and Sergio! that. That poor tech - I could just picture him in a darkened bar somewhere, gripping a beer in his shaking hand, surrounded by sympathizers. "...she just wouldn't stop saying my name..."

As far as feedback, you can be damn sure I sent some. Since the call went on too long to be monitored (I hope) I opened up the feedback form we send to our tech's offices, clicked COMPLIMENT and typed 'Much thanks to Sergio for going above and beyond by hooking up the customer's smart TV. We appreciate you!' I figured Sergio! deserved something for not throttling her and burying her in the backyard.
    Last edited by mysticgirl5; 11-23-2013, 01:45 AM.

Quoth mysticgirl5 View Post
    I figured Sergio! deserved something for not throttling her and burying her in the backyard.
    I'd vote for him deserving a writeup - after all, if he HAD throttled her and buried her in the backyard, nobody at the call center would have to deal with her in future.

Seriously though - is Sergio paid on a per-installation basis, or a per-hour basis? If per-installation, he gave the bitch an hour of his time. If per-hour, he was spending company-paid time to support something other than the company's product/service - in other words, wasting the company's money. That is something that should be STRONGLY discouraged.
    Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

... not throttling her and burying her in the backyard.
      The maggots thank Sergio!, as they would have to eat her, gagging.
      I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
      Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
      Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

The Beverly Hills Bitch wanted to complain about her tech, Sergio.
        Did he treat her like a rag doll?
        Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
          Did he treat her like a rag doll?
          She hides the television.
          PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Was anybody else thinking of this while reading this post?
            "If you pray very hard, you can become a cat person." -Angela, "The Office"

Comment

Many people have heard/learned that using a persons name in conversation is a good way to connect/get what you want. But these SC's go overboard all the time!! Poor tech, I feel for him!

Comment

I think I've figured it out. She was not just repeating his name. It was an ancient black magic spell, attempting to summon demons in hopes of getting what she wanted. The spell required her to say the name of the name of the tech over and over, so the demons would know who to target.
                Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

It would have been funny if you cluelessly asked, "Wait, who is Sergio?"

Comment

Working...
                  X