Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sam smirks, "boys, no need to play the cocky assholes...you can whip it out later while I'm basking on the beach." She pauses shortly as her and noah's food arrives and she dives in with reckless abandon.

"So here's what we found out, someone or something, is breaking into houses, mostly high end rental properties, then leaving by leaping over the fences the last we just left must of been 20 feet tall."

She pauses to take a swig of her beer, making a face and muttering about Mac's ale. "care for a trip to DC to Mac's after this case? Now where was I....It could be something Josiah and I handle and in that case we take what is causing this and get out of your hair and hope to never see each other again. If its something "spooky" we'll still help you, leaving the more supernatural aspects to you. I'm senior agent in charge for now, Josiah you're my partner, Noah....em....your our expert. Leaves off confusion for later, agreed?"
    It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Comment

"Works for me. If it is something that goes bump, however, I expect you two to follow my lead. If it isn't, I'll follow yours." He doesn't care as long as they stop whatever it is.
      Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

she hands Noah a business card, "my cellphone if you get anything."

Sam snatches up the bill before either of the men can see it and pays.

"I think I'll go talk with the local leo's see if I can't get my hands on the other case files, what will you two do?"
        It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Comment

Noah thinks "I have a few more contacts I can call to see if they know anything about this, and I can check the files for anything that this might be."
          Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

"I'll hit up WeArentSheep; we caught our last three big case-busting tips from there. Otherwise, I'm out of ideas. And speaking of 'caught', we DID bag 'n' tag the correct set, right?" Josiah nodded at the scuba gear, worried.

Comment

"Yes, those are cheap knock offs but made JUST right to look real...but that was still...." she pauses looking at Noah before standing. "I have a Tibbs feeling this is gonna be a weird one...keep in touch. Josiah I have both phones with me, I'll check in with Artie."

Comment

Josiah shakes Noah's hand. "Wasn't meaning to one up you, Noah. Just trying to explain a point of order. By the way, you should check out WeAreNotSheep.frm some time. It's the largest conspiracy theory and weirdness discussion site on the web with over 80 million members the world over."
                Josiah called out after the older man as they parted ways, "Good luck!"
                Turning back to Sam as they hailed a cab back to the hotel, Josiah asked, "Is it just me, or does he remind you of me when I first arrived at the Warehouse? Speaking of which, I miss Professor Ted."

Comment

Noah just looks a little confused. "Didn't know we were trying to outdo each other in anything. Just saying that whoever you were talking about..might not have been as crazy as some people think." He chuckles. He shakes hands and all that.

He makes some calls to other hunters to find out if they know of anything that steals and doesn't kill...

Comment

In the cab, Josiah dialed a number.
                    Thousands of miles away, a cellphone rang. An attendant picked up the phone, saw the name and handed it to the professor beside him.
                    "A mobile call for you, Sahib."

Josiah greeted his old partner warmly. "Hey, Ted. How's it in Egypt? India?! Da frell you doin' in Indi- ah." He smiled at a response. "Yeah, well, I just met a fellow you would find... interesting." Josiah gave a description of Noah. "Seems a decent sort. Hey, could you do me a favor? Check your local legends for a being that steals shinies and swag, then vanishes. Right, steals and then vanishes." Josiah grinned. "Thank you, Professor. Hey now, no fair calling me out on not paying better attention to mythology classes I never took to begin with. Right. Well, best of luck with your sabbatical. Yes, she's right here. Yes, I'll tell her. Thank you again. And stop being such a stranger."
                    Josiah hung up and said, "Ted says hello from India. He's having fun, and you should know he misses your tea."

Comment

Meanwhile..Noah has contacted every hunter he knows, and checked the books and internet twice. Darned if he could get any info on a creature that steals and vanishes. Technically if it was something other then a creature, it was not hunter business. He couldn't let it go though. He'd just have to hope his 'partners' found something. Unless it was a goblin..but they liked to chew on infants.. still.. it is possible.

Comment

Noah had contacted all his contacts and came up empty. The only suggestion had been a goblin, which was Fae, but just didn't seem to fit. While he was talking to Garth, he learned about a possible nest in the town next over. Since he was still waiting to hear back from those 'feds' he might as well go check it out.

He left a message with his 'partners' about where he would be at, and went to see what he could find.

Comment

Josiah, however, seemed to get a possible with a Bing search, of all things. But why would a thief follow Marco Polo?!

Comment

Sam spends most of the afternoon going over the case files, deep in thought. She looks at a sketch of the perp and almost laughs aloud, long legged humanoid with "glowing eyes like the fires of hell".

She is interrupted by a knock on the door, and a uniformed officer sticks his head in, "excuse me agent, there seems to of been another robbery...same MO, but this time it killed someone. We thought you might like to tag along to the crime scene."

Sam only stops for a moment, before calling up both Noah and Josiah, telling them of the new scene and where she was heading.

----------------------

NOAH: (well before the call from sam)

Your drive into Kill Devil Hills is filled with traffic from the beach crowd, late afternoon traffic with people coming home from jobs or the beach.

You find a local dive that looks like its held together with spit and bailing twine. Inside is a rowdy bunch that looks like they have been drinking since 8am.

Comment

Josiah shows up at the scene and has to badge the officer to get in. "Sam! What in the nine levels of weirdness is going on?!"

Comment

The officer who showed Josiah in, leads him to a small library, absolutely splattered in blood and gore, reaching across the books, walls and even the ceiling. The body is half hidden behind the desk, and though Josiah has seen bad, he has a very hard time controlling his gore at the sheer brutality of the slaughter, the victim's head laying near the smashed open French doors.

He sees sam speaking with a uniformed officer, turning as he enters and excuses herself, taking Josiah aside. "This just stepped into the weirdly messed up, they are saying a wild animal broke in and caused this..."

Sam looks a lot green around the gills and swallows every now and then to maintain her composure.

Comment

Working...
                                X