Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Louisiana... how difficult could it be?

Painful at the time, exceedingly amusing afterwards.

LM: Louisiana Man
    Me: Meeeeeee!

Guy's calling to activate his card. I'll start where it gets interesting

Me: "What state are you calling from?"

LM: "The United States."

Me: *dies a little inside* "Erm, I'm sorry, I meant, which state of the united states?

LM: "Oh." *gives city name*

Me: "I'm sorry, sir. I need to know what STATE you're calling from, so I can be sure we're in compliance with STATE laws. What STATE are you calling from, sir?"

LM: *and here's the kicker...* "I'm calling from the United States of America. Those states."

That is a quote. My sheer disbelief caused that to ring inside my skull for hours.

Me: "Um, yes, sir, I understand that. What I mean is, which one of the United States? You know, like Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas...." (yes, I was saying them in alphabetical order.)

LM: "I'm not from any of them!"

Me: "Ok, sir. So, which one are you from?"

LM: "The United States!"

Me: "Yes, sir. I understand. I need to know which state. Could it be California, Colorado, Conneticut..." (I was ready to go through the entire list)

LM: *starting to get annoyed* "I'm calling from X City, Louisiana!"

Finally!

Rosepine, New Llano, Leesville, Deridder or Kittie's Cajun Cookin', Louisiana?

Uh, Bozeman?
    Last edited by Cia; 04-20-2007, 06:50 PM.
    Figers are vicious I tell ya. They crawl up your leg and steal your belly button lint.

I'm a case study.

Comment

See.. that's why you can't leave your psychic helmet at home!
      I used to be disgusted... Now I'm just amused

Comment

Quoth ta2ooed1 View Post
        See.. that's why you can't leave your psychic helmet at home!
        Just don't get it mixed up with your tinfoil hat. Damn I hate it when that happens.
        "smacked upside the head by the harsh of daylight" - Tori Amos "The Beauty of Speed"

a sucking chest wound is merely mother nature's way of telling you to slow down - Arm

Comment

wow, how do you do it?
          "If all else fails...blame the dog"

Comment

"I can't help you if you can't help yourself. And if you are so stupid you don't know what STATE you're in, or even what a state IS, then you are BEYOND help. Goodbye. DOn't call back."

*click*

"We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Comment

I think I felt several thousand brain cells commit sideways after reading that OP

Funeral arrangements are pending
              Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Note to self: Quit reading CS posts the day before your exams. Good lord that guy is helpless.
                The Grand Galactic Inquisitor hears all and sees all.

Comment

My reply after the last line:

Sir, *CITY* is the city, and Louisiana is the state. There are fifty of them that all go together. This is why it's called the UNITED States. I might suggest you go sit in on a few classes on basic geography at the local GED training classes... might as well get the whole course while you're there.
                  ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
                  And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

Working...
                  X