This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pet peeve of mine at work

This is directed to other people who work at the university I work at as a contract parking attendant. This includes university staff, student workers, & other contract workers such as security guards.

When someone asks where they can park at, & you mention Visitor Parking, please mention the "$5.00 parking fee. I am not sure if the dept. you work at, your immediate supervisor, or the company you work for (if you are a contract security guard) wants you to do this, but it would save a lot of frustration for me & the customer.

This happened yesterday, but first some information pertaining to this post.

When I first started working at the university in March 2006, handicapped parking was free. When "Andrea", the Director of Parking & Transportation, was hired, she decided that handicapped customers have to pay for their parking as well. She has been working at the university for 3 years.

Customer drives up to the Visitor parking booth, & tells me she is here to drop off some information. I notice there is someone with her. So I mention to her the drop off zone. I tell her she can park there, but someone has to stay in the car. There is no charge to park at the drop off zone. She tells me 1) she had surgery, 2) the passenger in her car has to help her get upstairs, & 3) the lady she spoke to who works at the university told her she could park in Visitor Parking. Unfortunately, she has to pay the $5.00 parking fee. Handicapped customers have to pay the $5.00 parking fee & so I could not tell her she could park for free. She tells me "this is stupid. Absolutely stupid." I tell her to pay at the Parking office on the 3rd floor.

She enters the garage. She exited over an hour later. The Parking office did not call me to let her out for free.

I bet she complained at the Parking office.

It wouldn't surprise me if these other university employees don't realize their guests will have to pay for parking. Which doesn't make it better...

And I'm sorry you have to deal with people upset about paying to park in handicapped stalls. Everyone else has to pay, so why shouldn't they? And I thought your suggestion about parking in the drop-off zone was a good one. Oh well *shrugs*
    A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

If she complained, she at least complained at the right place. Its dumb for you to have to deal with things that you dont make the rules for.

Comment

I also wouldn't put it pass people to lie about parking for free, even if said people did indeed tell them they had to pay the five dollar charge.

Example:
        Bob the guard, "Ya you can park at visitor area, but it's a five dollar charge" to his friend Alice nods and says ok"

Alice goes to area.

You: "five dollar charge for that"

Alice: WHAT! Bullshit! I always parked for free! This is fucking stupid! Bob the guard said it was free!
        Military Spouse Support.
        http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
        Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Comment

Working...
        X