Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Odd ways for customers to show their appreciation.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree, Victoria.

It took me some time to learn this, but people LIKE being able to give to people that have helped them, or to people they admire or respect. And the best response is genuine gratitude. (Even if you can't be grateful for the gift itself, be grateful for the intent.)

As for the odd gifts mental patients give - it's kind of funny and sad. You have to wonder what weird paths their minds are walking.
    Seshat's self-help guide:
    1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
    2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
    3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
    4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Oh I'm grateful for the intent behind the gifts, just can't really accept anything.
      Eh, one day I'll have something useful here. Until then, have a cookie or two.

Comment

We're not allowed to accept cash or anything exceptionally personal. Most people just bring cards for individuals but as a store? We get some great stuff.

First, there's the old ladies who drop off magazines every month for the break room. It's always nice to have something to read while you're sitting back there.

Then, there's the Christmas stuff. Bagels, fruit, Baklava, cake. There's literally so much of it that there's nowhere to set a plate to eat some of it sometimes.

I've often told people that the best gift I could receive would be to see the end product of what they bought all their stuff for. The kids always like to stop by for Halloween and show off and that makes it one of my favorite times of year.
        "I'm starting to see a pattern in the men I date" - Miss Piggy, Muppet Treasure Island

I'm writing!! Check out the blog.

Comment

Quoth Android Kaeli View Post
          We're not allowed to take gifts of any kind, as we could get fired for it as management can view that as "stealing".
          Christmas must be fun in their homes.

"No Billy, you can't have presents. That would be stealing from Santa."
          "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

I've refused money ... where I thought someone really shouldn't be giving it.
            one charity i know of has actually turned down large donations
            but mostly because of where the money came from. (i believe it was either a drug dealer or a pimp).

and since the charity's goal was to get runaway teens away from the clutches of drug dealers and pimps, i can understand why they refused the blood money

Comment

Working...
            X