This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The good and the bad

Bad: I can't get out to go get lunch at the moment, because there's some work being done on our front steps.

Good: the work being done is to put a metal gate over the inset door so that people can't hang out on the steps. We finally called to have this done because one morning I came to work and found a pile of human shit outside the door.

The office is next door to a Salvation Army hangout. I don't think it's a shelter where people stay overnight, it's just a soup kitchen and a place to get in out of the weather. A lot of guys smoke and drink coffee around the front door. They're usually good guys, and they're the reason I feel safe locking my bike out front -- there are so many eyes around all day.

Really, I have no way of knowing if the crap was from a client of the shelter, or just some random drunk wandering past at night. I suspect the latter. And I'm not one of those people who doesn't want to be in the same neighbourhood as a shelter (as if the absence of a shelter meant there were no homeless people!). But we had to do something about the front door, and it's being done now.
Working...
X