X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This resoma brought me pain

*spelling mistake in title intentional*
    We had someone fax over a resume that was... oh dear God... where to start... I think I'll just copy it (identifying information removed) for the post.
    His coverletter wasn't too bad, aside from being hand written, but dear God, the job experience part... my eyes, they bleed.
    *formatting copied as best as possible*

(job one, hotel, company name mispelled)
    (address of job one, street mispelled)
    I WORK THEIR FROM 2001 TO 2003
    AS SHUTTLE DRIVER TAKING THE PEOPLE BACK FORWARD FROM THE HOTEL TO THE AIR PORT AND FROM THE AIRPORT TO THE HOTEL AND DUING OTHER JOBS IN THE HOTEL FROM ANSWER PHONE AND PICK UP THE PERSON FROM THE AIRPORT TO THE HOTEL AND TELLING THEMSTEP OUT DOOR NUMBER SIX OR DOOR NUMBER TEN.AND HELPING THE OTHERE PEOPLE IN THE HOTEL WITH THEIR JOBS ALSO AND HELPING THE MAINTICE PERSON WITH HIS JOB TOO.WHEN THE MANGER ASK ME TO TAKE A LARGE SUM MONEY TO THE BANK AND MAKE A DEPOSIT TO THEIR ACCOUNT I SAID I WOULD DO FOR YOU AND SHE SAID THANK.THE ONE NIGTH I WAS CALL IN THE MAIN MANGER OFFCE SHE TOLD ME THEY WERE TAKING OUT DINNER FOR ME AND OTHER HOTEL THAT WAS OWN BY THE (HOTEL) THAT COULD FINE A PERSON THAT I COULD BRING TO TAKE WITH ME COULDN'T FINE ONE AND GOT EMPLOYEE OF THE YEAR AND NICE PLACK.I FEEL VWERY HAPPY PERSON GETTING THIS WARD.I WAS ALLWAYS ON TIME NEVR LATE.

(Job two, spelled corectly, parking place)
    (address, oddly spelt right)
    TAKING CARE OT PEOPLE THAT INTO THE PARKING LOT AND THEY WOULD TAKE A TICKETS FROM THE MACHINE AND PARK THEIR CAR AND OR TRUCK. AND WHEN THEY LEFT CAME TO THE BOOTH PAY WHAT THEY OWE US AND CASH THEM OUT.AND ALLWAYS ON TIME NEVER LATE.

(Job three, golf "coures")
    (address)
    CLEAN AROUND THE COURES AND TRIM AROUND PLACE AND MANY OTHER JOBS TO BE DONE.ALLWAS ON TIME AND NEVER LATE.

(job 4, car rental place... shocker, it's misspelled)
    (address, misspelled)
    CLEAN CARS AND TAKING THE CAR OR TRUCK TWO OTHER BRANCH TWO TRADE OUT FOR MOKE LIKE SMALLER CARS ANS STAGE THEM TO THE BODY SHOP OR CAR DEALERS SO THE PERSON WHEN GET THEIR CAR FIXOR THEIR TRUCK.AND NEVER LATE ALL WAS ON TIME.

(job 4, convenience store... hey he spelled it right)
    (address)
    CLEAN AROUND THE STORE AND MOPING THE FLOOR AND TAKING CARE OF COMUSTER WHEN THEY CAME IN TO BUY SOMETHING AND CASH THEM OUT AND SEND THEM ON THEIR WAY . TAKING CRAE OF COFFEEE AND ICECREAM AND CHANGING THE SODA FONATING AND MANY OTHER JOBS TWO.ALL WAS ON TIME NEVER LATE AT ALL.

OK, now that my eye hemoridge has stopped... where to begin... first, CAPS LOCK KEY ASSHOLE.
    Second, spell check.
    Third, a few hints about resumes... keep on point... you got employee of the year (how I'm not sure), great, say that you got employee of the year and what year and leave it at that, you don't have to go on and on about getting called into the office and being offered dinner.
    Fourth- grammar, learn it, love it, live it.

Oh shit, I know there's more, but my brain just exploded.
    If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Someone applied today and under "compensation" they put "minimum wadge"

Yeap.
    Thou shalt not take the name of thy goddess Whiskey in vain.

Comment

*brain crashes*
      The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Somehow I get the impression that he(?) is always on time for his shifts. I wonder what gave me that impression?

Comment

I'd say that speeling is not his strong soot.
          Dull women have immaculate homes.

Comment

Quoth smileyeagle1021 View Post
            I FEEL VWERY HAPPY PERSON GETTING THIS WARD.
            This witer is stawting to wub me the wong way.

Quoth Teskeria View Post
            Somehow I get the impression that he(?) is always on time for his shifts. I wonder what gave me that impression?
            And NEVR LATE.
            It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

In defense of this person it clearly seems like English is NOT his or her first language. That's no excuse for not getting someone to proofread it of course, but I think what we have here is an honest attempt at a resume for someone who:

1. Is not completely fluent in English
              2. Has never written their own resume before.
              "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Comment

Agreed. I'd call it a fair first attempt for someone semi-literate. The person may well have strong points which would make him a good candidate for a job where literacy is not significant.

He's also capable of communicating what's important, even in written form. I've seen far more literate people do much worse jobs of getting the important information across!
                Seshat's self-help guide:
                1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
                2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
                3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
                4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Quoth Seshat View Post
                  Agreed. I'd call it a fair first attempt for someone semi-literate. The person may well have strong points which would make him a good candidate for a job where literacy is not significant.
                  sadly though (and giving credit, the applicant may not have known it), all employees at the hotel are required to be literate because we all must fill out shift reports (all except the housekeepers, which he was not applying for).
                  If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Quoth Pagan View Post
                    And NEVR LATE.
                    Could have been worse... it could have read "NVR L8".
                    Sorry, my cow died so I don't need your bull

Comment

Quoth EvilEmpryss View Post
                      Could have been worse... it could have read "NVR L8".
                      Or "I NEVER CUM LATE"

/hides
                      To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

im so glad i wasn't drinking anything when i read that...

Comment

Working...
                        X