This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice Customers You Get Annoyed At

I was just wondering if anyone has ever encountered this? Especially those who work in bars or restaurants.

So picture this. You have had a very rough and busy shift, and things have just started to calm down. You are in the middle of getting everything cleaned and organised, and you are debating going for a well deserved break...

...and then a group of regular customers walk in, and you know they are going to place a big food order. And you find yourself getting annoyed at the sight of them.

There is a large family that comes into the pub a couple of times a week, but they always seem to come in just as the place has quietened down. There are usually eight of them, and they all order starters, mains and desserts. They are always friendly, they never complain, but I find myself cringing whenever I see them walk in, because I know I am going to have to go and trash my clean kitchen to make their order.

Does anyone else find themselves getting irritated like this? Or am I just a bad person

You are not a bad person, you just got done cleaning and are getting ready to go on break.
    ......../\
    ....../__\
    ..../\...../\
    ../__\../__\

Comment

If they are so nice, then there shouldn't be a problem with you taking a deserved break before even making the first starters. They can always order another drink, right?
      Make a list of important things to do today.
      At the top of your list, put 'eat chocolate'
      Now, you'll get at least one thing done today

Comment

I have a few regular customers that come into the store and sometimes I do just cringe at the sight of the name. One of them because I really don't want to listen to her and any problems she's been recently having, the other because I just don't want to have to clean up after her, and the third usually does at least $200 of stuff everytime he comes into the store and stays for hours, talking to random employees and whatnot.

They are all nice people, and I enjoy talking to them when there's not a lot of people that need to be checked out at once. For the third customer, I do have to cut him some slack though: he runs his own business and needs a whole lot of stuffs.
        Eh, one day I'll have something useful here. Until then, have a cookie or two.

Comment

You ever get those customers who insist on trying to hold conversation with you, especially when you're either busy as hell or otherwise trying to focus on keeping everything flowing smoothly? Those are the ones I hate. It's like the phrase 'excuse me a second' doesn't even touch their eardrums when you do a round for orders or check and see if everything's alright.
          My other car is a Mackinaw.

Comment

Working...
          X