Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Have a good night"? YOU CANT TELL PEOPLE THAT!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Have a good night"? YOU CANT TELL PEOPLE THAT!

Oh, corporate, you're a bunch of idiots. Our new manager, who didn't bother showing up for her shift yesterday morning, has already enacted new spiel. Now drive thru interactions have to go like this

Quoth Spiel of hate
    Hi, my name is whiskey, what can I get for you tonight

Okay, so on the screen in front of you (or some variation, "GET THEM TO LOOK AT THAT SCREEN"), you'll see you ordered a chicken sandwich, a large coke, a number six with curly fries and a sprite, is that correct?

Okay, 12.24 at the window

window

Okay, so I have a chicken sandwich, a large coke, a number six with curly fries and a sprite is that correct?

Great, 12.24 please.

food is ready

Okay so i have here a chicken sandwich, a large coke, a number six with curly fries and a spirte. Please come back again!
    Um. I can barely get the total out before they're violently thrusting their money at me like they've waited all of eternity for their delicious deep fried goodness. I can't say "have a good night" it HAS to be some variation of me imploring them to come back to the store. THEYRE ALL DRUNK AND WE ARE ALL THATS OPEN THEY DONT HAVE A CHOICE. Its us or starve (come on, you think they'd make their own food?).

Not to mention all the illegal shit my store is pulling. I need to transfer and call the labor board in the morning. Apparently, they didnt deem it necessary to fix my time and I'm not getting any of my overtime from the last 2 weeks.
    Thou shalt not take the name of thy goddess Whiskey in vain.

Corporate had us go through this whole speil with phone shops, I even had to take a training class on it. It was complicated and was a reason why many people were failing secret phone shops from corporate.

later they simplified it. . . however the secret phone shoppers have gotten more slick when calling, before one could tell if it was a phone shop, now it keeps you on your toes. . .but thats what they want
    "This job would be great if it wasn't for the f***** customers." - Randell 'Clerks'

Comment

Quoth ravevolution View Post
      Corporate had us go through this whole speil with phone shops, I even had to take a training class on it. It was complicated and was a reason why many people were failing secret phone shops from corporate.

later they simplified it. . . however the secret phone shoppers have gotten more slick when calling, before one could tell if it was a phone shop, now it keeps you on your toes. . .but thats what they want
      You know how much time itll add to our wait trying to do this? I'm not doing it, I don't care if we get shopped. Trying to get the drunks, and sober people, to pay attention to what i'm saying takes 3x as long as normal. I confirm the order twice out habit and they STILL DONT KNOW WHAT THEYVE ORDERED.

Comment

I frequent your companies joint, more than I should, but I'm a sucker for the ultimate cheeseburger and curly fries.

I have witnessed that the 'drive threw script' changes from time to time. Recently I noticed they add the 'would you like to try our new . . . .' which I typically politely decline. However it is better than other places where they don't even greet.

But on a late night when the line is long and full of drunk/stupid people I don't see a point to this whole new system.
        "This job would be great if it wasn't for the f***** customers." - Randell 'Clerks'

Comment

I frequent your companies joint, more than I should, but I'm a sucker for the ultimate cheeseburger and curly fries.
          Try it with chipotle sauce. I put chipotle on everything. Also, curly fries with bacon and cheese (from teh wedges). Its like 1.25 (my store) for the cheese and bacon though. Although if you sweet talk the window girl/are a regular, she'll slip you extra fries and a packed bowl of cheese. Not from experience.

Comment

You don't have to beg people to come back to a fast food place. They'll be back when they're feenin' for some greasy fast food...lol.

Comment

Quoth Whiskey View Post
              Also, curly fries with bacon and cheese (from teh wedges).
              I'll have to check that out one day, I at times wonder what ever happened to the chili and cheese curly fries they used to have. . . talk about a guilty pleasure, even if it gave me heartburn lol

Comment

I'll have to check that out one day, I at times wonder what ever happened to the chili and cheese curly fries they used to have. . . talk about a guilty pleasure, even if it gave me heartburn lol
                go to del taco..?

Comment

Hahahaha! Like the drunks are paying any attention to what you're saying.

At least it's super unlikely you'll be shopped on graves.

Comment

Hmmm kinda off topic: pre-recorded greetings at fast food places bah annoying. However yes I hear from my girl the boss at her new Q REQUIRES you to hold a conversation with every customer from the moment you take their order until they pay.....
                    Crono: sounds like the machine update became a clusterf*ck..
                    pedersen: No. A clusterf*ck involves at least one pleasurable thing (the orgasm at the end).

Comment

Quoth Whiskey View Post
                      THEYRE ALL DRUNK AND WE ARE ALL THATS OPEN THEY DONT HAVE A CHOICE. Its us or starve (come on, you think they'd make their own food?).
                      I don't think that drunks and a kitchen full of pointy objects and open flame is a good idea. But maybe they'd Darwin themselves out of the gene pool?

Quoth Whiskey View Post
                      Apparently, they didnt deem it necessary to fix my time and I'm not getting any of my overtime from the last 2 weeks.
                      Like that's not all kinds of wrong.

Quoth wraiths_crono View Post
                      Hmmm kinda off topic: pre-recorded greetings at fast food places bah annoying. However yes I hear from my girl the boss at her new Q REQUIRES you to hold a conversation with every customer from the moment you take their order until they pay.....
                      No offense to anyone, but I'm not going to a fast food place to have a convo with the people that work there. If I want to talk to someone, I can meet up with someone or pick up the phone.
                      It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Quoth wraiths_crono View Post
                        Both of these are annoying as hell. Half the time the pre recorded greetings are mumbled or have a lot of background noise, sometimes they're offering things that aren't on the menu all day. Or they're SO HAPPY AND YELLING AND CHIPPER AND OMG YOU MUST TRY THIS!

"THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR CHOOSING <X>, WOULD YOU LIKE TO TRY OUR NEW CHEESY THINGIE FOR ONLY 2.99!!!!!!!".... uhhhh, no thanks, I'd like <x and y>.

<completely different, depressed sounding voice> One che<mumble mumble> that's <static> 99<static> <static mumble> window please

I'm generally friendly, and if someone strikes up a convo, I'll BS with them a little. But lets face it, if I'm at a drive through for fast food, half the time I'm stoned out of my skull anyway (I very, very rarely eat fast food because of my digestive issues).

On a secret shop, I got dinged because I didn't comment about the customers purchases nor offer an upsell. #1, I'm not a very talkative person, #2, you came through when I had a line 5 people deep (you also complained it took 3 minutes 28 seconds before you were greeted from the time you got in my line, but also said I was "Extremely fast and efficient"), and #3, what am I supposed to upsell you on when you're in a very busy grocery store line, a roll of receipt paper? A pack of gum? I'm not upselling anything that's not within arm's reach, period. My boss went to corporate with the same questions and they said I should be mentioning "Oh I've tried this before, it's great!" or "Did you see <x> item next to this one? It's pretty good". Dude... it's a busy as hell grocery store, if I send people out of my line to go grab another item during a transaction there WILL be blood shed, most likely both yours and mine from the customers behind you. If I see they're getting something I genuinely do like, I ask them if they're tried it before, if they say no, I tell them "It's awesome, I love it". If they say yes, "Good stuff huh?".

Sad thing is, the person who made these new secret shop rules (and didn't bother telling anyone at the store level what the new expectations were)... started off as a cashier at my store, and has only been beyond the store level for 2 years now.

Oh yeah. I always wish the customer a good morning/afternoon/evening/weekend/whatever. Unless they're ignoring me and on their phone, I ignore them back and just hand them the receipt.
                        Last edited by bean; 07-11-2010, 06:37 AM.

Comment

They make it sound so easy. For order accuracy, get them to acknowledge the screen. The screen! They don't notice the six foot tall preview board so they don't waste my time at the order board, but an 8 inch x 8 inch screen, they'll notice.

This is how the general conversation goes, even with sober people, if I miss something

C: I want a chicken sandwhich, a number 9, two tacos, small dr pepper and a funnel cake.
                          Me: Okay, a chicken sandwich, a number 9, and a small dr pepper, right?
                          C: Yeah.
                          TL: They wanted 2 tacos too.
                          Me: Oh and two tacos, that it?
                          C: Yeah
                          TL: Funnel Cake.
                          Me: ...funnel cake too?
                          C: YEAH!
                          Me... is.. that.. it??

By the time they get to my window they don't know what they've ordered.

Me: What kind of sauce did you want?
                          C: uhh.... what did I get again?

So yes, I see this screen they'll fail to actually see working tremendously.

Comment

Quoth bean View Post
                            On a secret shop, I got dinged because I didn't comment about the customers purchases
                            So that's why I've gotten asked questions by the checker before. Frankly, I've always found it a little weird.
                            It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

And here I thought that the cashier at my grocery store was just being really nice because I was being nice.
                              Dull women have immaculate homes.

Comment

Working...
                              X