X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wherein I speak to Dumb

So.

Dumb suggested that we "change our cooperation".

I will still be getting work from the company, but I think it will be much less. It's just incredible. Dumb is the essence of corporate hell. No humanity, no admission of responsibility, just blaming others.

In all fairness, I finally realized that I'd been angry and surly and rude - why did it take me so long to see it? Of course, now that I DO see it, it's too late. Well, not exactly too late, but the change has already been made, without consulting me. I also found out, thanks to Dumb, that the threats they'd been making, of not paying me unless I did this unpaid work, were baseless. No such rule had ever been made.

And she thinks this is the way to be a manager?

I blasted her. I told her I didn't think she had any human feelings at all. She called me on it. I apologized. Even if I'm right, I shouldn't have said it. Later in the argument, though, I said, "I apologized for saying that you didn't have any human feelings. I hope I don't regret it."

I think I did, in fact, reach some semblance of humanity in Dumb. I don't know.

I may have a little chat with the owner about this. Not that I'm all that interested in returning to the previous arrangement I had with the company. I just want him to know how things are being run.

Or, maybe not. It's not my company and not my problem.

MINOR UPDATE:

I ran into someone else from the company recently. She told me that everyone, but EVERYONE, has a problem with the management. She also told me that they don't pay anyone enough. She, herself, is looking for another job, due to the low pay.

Looks like things are collapsing everywhere.

Comment

On the plus side, it seems that you're not being singled out - just affected by shitty management same as everyone else.

On the downside, you're being affected by shitty management.

Rapscallion

Comment

Oh, I'm being singled out.

I'm the one who complained. I'm the one who pointed out incompetent decisions as incompetent decisions. I'm the "troublemaker". I'm the one who said that the emperor had no clothes.

But if the place falls apart, as more than one person expects, I'll be elsewhere before it happens.

Comment

That's good to hear, so you can say "ha ha" when the whole place goes belly up.

Maybe Dumb and Dumber will come to you looking for references [sarcasm mode off/]

Good luck with the job search!

Comment

Well, if it does go belly-up, I'll already be gone, so I'll have the advantage - I won't be one of many who are seeking employment elsewhere.

Hell, I have a business license. I can work anywhere in the European Union on the basis of said license. It's time to look outside the borders of this country.

No, Dumb and Dumber would never come to me for a reference. Stupid as they are, they have a certain savvy. Unfortunately.

Several people have already quit, and the person I spoke to today had nothing good to say about the management. Everyone's deserting.

Comment

Working...
            X