This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One for Argabarga

Argabarga, your "inventory" (since it's the landlords who are your actual customers) need to read this article - just because the owner isn't using a parking lot doesn't mean it's free parking for the general public.
    Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

I think by changing the policy to 'no parking' they can cover their butts if someone tries to sue/claim that they got hurt/car was damaged while on the property; no invite to be there, no case.
    "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

Quoth LillFilly View Post
      I think by changing the policy to 'no parking' they can cover their butts if someone tries to sue/claim that they got hurt/car was damaged while on the property; no invite to be there, no case.
      Agreed, especially since the property is probably neither properly maintained or patrolled. The chances of an accident/incident are high and a lawyer could make a case towards negligence, even though the true fault belongs with the trespasser. I doubt they'd win, but it's costly to have to defend yourself against this sort of nonsense...

Comment

Pretty sure one of Arga's destinations has been an abandoned burger joint car park in the past

Comment

Ever wonder why the signs don't come down when a business moves out? That's why.

Abandoned, closed, under construction or wide open, private property is STILL private no matter what's happening on it at the moment, which escapes a lot of people.
          - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

Quoth LillFilly View Post
            That's exactly the reason the bank across from a nightspot did not allow parking even after hours-deep pockets, needless to say.
            I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
            -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Quoth Argabarga View Post
              Ever wonder why the signs don't come down when a business moves out? That's why.

Abandoned, closed, under construction or wide open, private property is STILL private no matter what's happening on it at the moment, which escapes a lot of people.
              Hmmm. I know of a restaurant that has very limited parking on its property. I'm talking maybe three spaces total. I always thought it was pretty funny that they offered valet parking (with THREE spaces right next to the building) until I realized that they park customers' cars in the lot across the street, which used to be an auto lube place that closed some years ago.

Makes me wonder if the owners of the auto lube property are aware of this. Of course I suppose it's possible that the restaurant owners bought that other lot, but as the auto lube building is still standing (empty), I kind of doubt it.
              When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Would be interesting if they DIDN'T have permission, and the owner of the lot started towing illegally parked cars. The customers would definitely have cause to sue the restaurant - after all, the standard assumption when you have the valet park your car is that it'll be parked someplace it won't be towed away from.
                Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Or the valet service....most Chicagoland places with valet parking outsource that service.
                  I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                  -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Working...
                  X