This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Peter: Buzzed

Randall got a scowl from Peter at the criticism. "'Scuse the fuck outta me for my blood bein' up and wantin' to get this done fast."

The big man just shrugged at Emma's warnings. "I guess I've been lucky so far," he comments, on technology not working right around people who do magic. But he does give Jad a look at his reasons for being at the Cranston place. "Dude, why didn't you tell me you needed a place to crash? I could've put you up for a while till you find your feet." After all, in his mind, they had more in common with each other than they did with Preppie or Hoodie here.
    PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Jad shrugged "Got use to crashing wherever I could. An alley, an abandon building, wherever. I always do alright."
      Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Now that the inside is more visible...it's easy to see why this place was condemned. There are large holes through out the room, and junk clutters the corners. Towards the back of the main room is the stairs to the next floor. It also appears that whatever attempts over the years to cover the walls has failed, the paint appearing chipped and wallpaper hanging loose in strips on the wood. There are a few lighting fixtures around, but most have been torn from the wall or have broken bulbs rusted inside, even if the electricity worked.

There's another room to the left of this one and another open door to the back. Next to that one is a closed door.
        Last edited by Kheldarson; 05-15-2013, 12:42 AM.
        My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

"Of course. I can't imagine a better reason for doing anything."

If no one else is particularly interested, Randall is willing to be the first to step inside and get a feel for the place.
          » Horse Words «·» Roleplaying Stuff «

Comment

The big man ventures inside after Hoodie (Randall) and looks around at the decrepit state of the interior. He glances back over his shoulder at Jad. "And you wanna crash here?"

He shrugs and peers into the gloom inside, "All right, let's go find whatever spook is livin' in here and evict it."
            PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

Comment

"It's dry and keeps out any weather. Good enough for me." Jad shrugs. He doesn't understand why people are being so cautious. Probably just some animal got loose in here, people heard it and thought 'Ghost', so he is investigating everything without regard to who is where.
              Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Emma steps just inside the door taking a quick look around at the inside. "I suppose when you need somewhere to stay this works as well as any other." She says.

"Randall, if there really is a ghost in this place why would it stick around here?" She scrunches up her brow seemingly lost in thought. "I don't get what would be holding it here..." she says to no one.

Comment

"Fuck if I know why a ghost would hang around this dump," Peter mutters as he follows some of the others with flashlights. "Unless maybe they're related to the Cranston family or something."

Comment

Randall starts walking around the room, avoiding the obviously weak spots in the floor and looking at the junk lying around, and any furniture that may be left behind.

"Likely it meant something to them in life. Ghosts like familiarity."

Comment

"So... if we do run into an angry ghost... what do we do about it?" Emma tries not to sound sheepish. "I mean, I know we might be able to get it to move on... but will we be able to more than just annoy it with all the tricks we have at our disposal?"

Comment

"Fire." Peter grins a bit. It's not a pleasant grin. "Fire's scary. Scare the shit outta whatever spook's hauntin' the place."

It's probably the best kind of suggestion you're gonna get out of a boozed-up pyrokinetic street tough.

Comment

"Sadly, he's right. Fire is a good way to deal with spirits. Also likely to get us all killed if we start one in here. There are also familiar objects, like I said. For example, if a ghost was created from a murder victim, then the murder weapon may still be a powerful tool against them. And then I'm sure there are magic methods that I don't know about beyond making circles."

Comment

Emma sighs, "Alright so burn it or hope we find whatever is holding it here." She looks at the three men with her. "I don't suppose you see any ghosts or anything Randall?" Her voice sounds somewhat hopeful.

Comment

"No, nothing yet. The whole place definitely feels off, but there isn't anything specific."

Comment

Emma sighs again, this time a little bit deeper. "I was afraid of that." She mutters to herself something about regretting what she is about to do.

She looks around, to everyone else it seems as if she is concentrating intently while staring around the room. She takes special care not to look at the three men.

(OOC: Emma is going to look around using The Sight and will probably regret every minute of it)

(OOC: Tossed up two rolls, Lore to understand what i'm seeing and Discipline for first defense Roll. The Sight is on page 223-224 in your story lots of rolls involved )
                                Last edited by Chanlin; 05-30-2013, 07:50 AM. Reason: adding info for rolls and page numbers

Comment

Working...
                                X