X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Rip - ow ow ow - Really?"

Thursday night at work was fun.

First, I'm closing with CW "Candy", whom I do not care for. She's weird, flaky, disappears at times, and she seems to have a crush on me (though that ended Saturday when she and I got into an argument)

Anyway, she and I were supposed to switch some stock near the door, clean up the concrete aisle, and of course all other closing duties.

We were bringing down everything from top stock first so we could deal with it all at once. This however was taking a while due to customer interruptions.

Candy had to take the forkilft to help load a customer's order, I was left on the floor to help customers.

A very nice lady needed some boards cut, in the middle of cutting this my pants ripped down the back, exposing my lucky rocket ship underpants to the world.

The lady was nice about it, but she was uncomfortable. She wandered off and told me she'd come back to get her stuff.

Candy calls. She's stuck at the other end of the store, needs a spotter, can I come get her? Well no, I'm helping a customer.

Candy proceeds to call me again 2 minutes later "hello dear, it's your wifey, are you coming yet" is what she says to me. (WTF?) No, I'm not I'm still helping a customer.

I go back to cutting, my tape measure slips off the board, when I grabbed it I got a very nice cut in my finger, and it's bleeding heavily.

So I put my gloves on (I wish I had them on before this) and finish cutting.

Then I notice I had bled on a board, so I had to replace it.

I start to head down to get Candy, she's found a spotter. Woo hoo, I don't have to walk the distance of the store with my ass hanging out.

New customer needs help. I help him pick his plywood, now he needs it cut, of course he does.

Candy's back, telling me she's going to "divorce me" if I leave her like that again. Then she sees my pants.

She laughs, I laugh, the customer laughs.

I tell her I'm going to go to the locker room and tie a sweatshirt around my waist. She thinks this is a good idea, but first, she's taking a break, and basically runs away!

So I get to help another customer with my ripped pants dangling.

I finally finish, I abandon the sales floor and take the back way (through the fire exits) to the locker room.

Epilogue:

I tell/show zone manager what happened with my pants and the customers. He laughs and says if they complain he'll "gladly take that call and stick up for me".

On Saturday I tell my department manager about her leaving me alone, he agrees that she's a flake, and not a good worker.

Even I would be nervous with my pants ripped in the back with all that wood around me.
    "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

Quoth Sheldonrs View Post
      Even I would be nervous with my pants ripped in the back with all that wood around me.
      And just who are you trying to fool?
      Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
        And just who are you trying to fool?
        Just certain splinter groups.

Comment

Only the ones that aren't knotty.
          I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
          Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
          Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
            Only the ones that aren't knotty.
            Those are the ones I pine for.

Comment

Oak-kay.

Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Needling Sheldon takes lots of s'punk. Hawever, the elder saws are good fir lots of hem locks.
                I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

I love how quickly these threads branch out into bad puns.
                  Any day you're looking down at the dirt instead of up at the dirt is a good day.

Comment

Quoth AriRashkae View Post
                    I love how quickly these threads branch out into bad puns.
                    And there lies the root of the problem.

Comment

Cue some Sinatra music...he was the Chairman of the Board!
                      Friends help you move. Rare friends help you move bodies.

Comment

Quoth lobo94 View Post
                        Cue some Sinatra music...he was the Chairman of the Board!
                        Planks for reminding us.

Comment

well i hope you were able to spruce up after the pants fiasco

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
                            well i hope you were able to spruce up after the pants fiasco
                            Are the pants CORDeroy?

Comment

Working...
                            X