This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5 Store Managers ah-ah-ah!

Between April 2009 and April 2010 my store has had 5 different store managers.

April 2009- Manager A fired for incompetence. Time in position: 1.5 years.

July 2009- Manager B fired for theft, doctoring records, encouraging dishonest practices among workers. Time in position: 1.5 MONTHS.

November 2009- Manager C quits because he suddenly decides he'd rather live in Texas. With the company 2 MONTHS.

Febuary 2010- Manager D quits. He was a personal friend of the regional vice president. He came to check out the store one day. 10 MINUTES INTO HIS VISIT HE DECIDES HE CAN'T HANDLE IT AND QUITS. Time with company: 10 Minutes?

April 2010- Manager E promises he's here for a good long time. Yeah...we've heard that one before.

C'mon. I know there is a lot of turnover in retail but it's kind of ridiculous.

Anyone else having managers run away screaming?

Not a manager per se, the way one of my departments was set up when I did contract compliance was:
    Vice President
    department manager
    senior compliance
    junior compliance
    one or 2 random temp workers assisting the junior

We had one person, an outside hire as a senior show up at 8 am and leave for lunch at noon, never to be seen again
    EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

I had one manager stay in his position for about a couple weeks before he decided he couldn't hack it.

Otherwise the managers at the swamp hang around for at least a few months, for better and worse.
      Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth jjllbb View Post
        Between April 2009 and April 2010 my store has had 5 different store managers.

April 2009- Manager A fired for incompetence. Time in position: 1.5 years.

July 2009- Manager B fired for theft, doctoring records, encouraging dishonest practices among workers. Time in position: 1.5 MONTHS.
        Did these practices include lying to/and or defrauding customers?
        "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Comment

Quoth CrazedClerkthe2nd View Post
          Did these practices include lying to/and or defrauding customers?
          As far as I know it involved him telling the cash office employees to leave the safe open for people who weren't authorized to be in there and telling cashiers to mark things down to $0.01 because he wanted to buy it.

Comment

At Old Store, we went through FIVE 2ICs for the front end.

1st one-had been with the company for quite some time, was fired for stealing.
            2nd one-was only temporary, but left to transfer to another store.
            3rd one-stayed for a few months, decided she couldn't handle it and then left to work for the local council.
            4th one-was the best 2IC I'd been under, left to run another store.
            5th one-was there when I left and nobody likes her. (incumbent)

In comparison, the other departments were as follows:

Bakery: no management change AFAIK.
            Nightfill: went through 3 management changes. (first one was fired for stealing, second one was transferred to another store, third one is at the store I'm at, fourth one is incumbent)
            Frozen: 1 management change, 1 2IC change. (the original manager was the second nightfill, the other manager I think has left but I don't know, the 2IC changes were unknown.)
            Groceries: 1 management change AFAIK.
            Front End: see above, only one management change.
            Meat: no clue,
            Deli: one management change AFAIK.
            Seafood: one management change...
            Last edited by fireheart; 06-05-2010, 01:27 AM.
            The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

at one of the first fast food chains I worked for back in the early 1980's (mostly a regional mid-west chain) in a 3 year period we went through

9 store managers (most got fired one got promoted to DM)

and at least 24 AM's (I just stopped counting them after a while)
              I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
              -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Quoth Racket_Man View Post
                at one of the first fast food chains I worked for back in the early 1980's (mostly a regional mid-west chain) in a 3 year period we went through

9 store managers (most got fired one got promoted to DM)

and at least 24 AM's (I just stopped counting them after a while)
                Did they all get fired for doing stupid stuff too?
                "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Comment

Quoth CrazedClerkthe2nd View Post
                  Did they all get fired for doing stupid stuff too?
                  I assume you mean the AM's?? most got musical chaired around to other stores, a couple got promoted and some disappeared from the company.
                  I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
                  -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

When I was working at the vitamin store, one of my CWs (there were only four of us) kept doing NCNS that forced me to stay all day without a proper break. Wasn't a HUGE thing, since we were only open from 10-6, and got virtually zero customers, but yeah. Eventually NCNS led to us assuming that she had quit.
                    The store owners had to go to her house to get the store key back, and they still had a difficult time getting it. She was pretending to not be home. XD
                    We are actors! We are the opposite of people! -Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead

All we can do is hate. And they ALL deserve it.

Comment

Working...
                    X