This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Annoying Interview

I had an interview this week that was really odd. It had been scheduled a full week in advance by them, so they knew it was coming. The manager that interviewed me had to stop the interview every few minutes because someone would come in and ask her a question. And they weren't even important questions, it was things like "We show 300 metal clips in the system but I can only find 100 on the floor" That couldn't have waited ten minutes? Srsly?

It turned what should of been a quick 10 minutes interview into a 20+ minute embarrassment. She had to ask me the same question multiple times, and had me repeat my answers to most of the questions. I don't know why she couldn't focus on me long enough to get my interview out of the way. It made me feel like the whole thing was a waste of everyones time, especially mine. I get it's busy there on a Thursday at 10 am, and she's trying to get stuff done, but COME ON.

A, I'm pretty sure that means they didn't want to hire me, and B, I'm not sure I would want to work under this person anyway. That would be like me texting though my interview, AKA not ok behavior.

Or is it? OPINIONS~!

Quoth AriaBlue View Post
    A, I'm pretty sure that means they didn't want to hire me, and B, I'm not sure I would want to work under this person anyway. That would be like me texting though my interview, AKA not ok behavior.

Or is it? OPINIONS~!
    To give a quick disclaimer, I've never interviewed for a job before. I've taken classes about it in school, but I've never seen it done.

That being said, that person exhibited terrible form. Imagine working under him. If he's going to act like that at an INTERVIEW, I'd hate to see him on a normal day. That would be like you listening to your iPod/Zune/Smartphone/Gadget that Plays Music during the interview.

IMHO, you are probably better off working somewhere else.
    There is no problem we cannot ignore, confront, plot against, drown in chocolate sauce, or run over with the car- Christopher Elliot

Comment

My mom had an interview like that. What made it doubly annoying is that she had gotten very good recommendations about the company (small catering firm) from many people, so really wanted to work there. A rundown of what went wrong (there was other stuff, but this is what I remember):

Scheduled another person at the same time
      The receptionist had no record of mom's interview
      Other person wasn't near as professional (dress/overall appearance)
      Interviewer didn't have anything at hand (/resume/etc)

An interview I went on at a local computer retailer was also a bit of a mess--right as I arrived, the store computer system went splat. Admittedly the manager had bigger things to worry about, but someone could have told me what was going on. I ended up having to leave and reschedule, but that interview didn't go that well either (the service manager was answering other questions from the floor while interviewing me).
      "I am quite confident that I do exist."
      "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

That is terrible interview etiquette. Big no-no. Even if I hadn't taken courses in interviewing prospective employees, I'd know that was a no-no.

When I interview a candidate, the office door is closed. My employees know that means I'm busy with something and don't come in (and if any ignore that rule, they shall imminently feel my wrath!).
        Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

Working...
        X