Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is probably a really stupid question but what's the difference between a ghost and shadow person?
    I am but a tiny, barren, insignificant rock caught in the glorious orbit of your shining sun. Gravekeeper.

Comment

Quoth Supermarket Slave Girl View Post
      This is probably a really stupid question but what's the difference between a ghost and shadow person?
      Shadow people are pretty much entities made up of negativity. Though if Smiley isn't horribly freaked out or feeling dread and negative emotion surrounding these events I don't think it's a shadow person.

They're my greatest fear. ._.

Comment

Wouldn't the fact that they are your greatest fear also cause more shadow people to appear around you to feed off of it?

Comment

Quoth Hanzoku View Post
          Wouldn't the fact that they are your greatest fear also cause more shadow people to appear around you to feed off of it?
          Nah, I don't dwell on it enough to attract them. c: That's the real danger.

Comment

The place where I work was once an old prison so I and my coworkers have seen a fair number of things that require us to change our underwear.

But like Geek King said, they don't have the ability to interface with modern technology. Only thing they do with it is break it or cause it simply not to work while they are around. We have a fiber-optic camera system here now. One camera in particular kept shorting out for no reason. It was a small dome camera made of plastic. Used a multimode indoor fiber cable for its data, was mounted to drywall using a plastic mounting, and used a distributed power system shared by 60 other cameras. We replaced it 3 times, ran fresh wires over, and even hooked it up to its own AC adapter. The closest camera was 3 feet away in the next hallway and it never broke. And there where no heavy industrial equipment in the building. And that one camera still kept going out. Why we think it was a resident spook, a gray shadow was the last thing it always recorded.

While the last phantom phone I fixed was because system was processing phone tree commands as forwards to random extensions. It turned out to be some corruption in memory of the commands the unit was programed to follow, a simply restart is all it took.

Since we are sharing shadow people stories here are some of ours;

The server room is an old converted bomb shelter. So basically to get into it we have to go down a set of stairs. Also the room in question has a huge ass fire door that will not close on its own. When open all the way it has a grove in the hinges that keeps it open. You have to apply a quite a bit of force to overcome the grove and close the door. This did not stop it from slamming shut when no one was near it. Eventually it got so bad that they changed out the hinges and put a pneumatic opener on it so all we had to do was press a button. This did not stop the button from being pressed when no one was around. When the cameras where installed one was put on the door and the activity stopped.

Our building also has connections to other old buildings. Ours is defiantly not the oldest. The main closet in the second building is a converted storage room of some sort. It has no windows, one door and no ventilation. When it was converted an AC unit was installed but it does not exchange air with the outside. My coworkers hate going in there, they feel uneasy. I myself don't feel anything strange so I am always asked to go along as a talisman to fight the darkness. (I CAST MAGIC MISSILE) Anyway, one day one of the girls "K" goes by herself to reconfigure the Cisco switch for a new vlan. My boss gets a phone call, K is supposedly ran out of the building like a 'Mad Woman' and ask if she was ok. Not 10 seconds later she ran through the door to the IT area, over to the cubical, sat down and started crying.

Took us 10 minutes to calm her down to get the story. She was in the room by herself, and she heard a rough voice but couldn't make out the words. Freaked out she grabbed her laptop and was about to walk out when she felt a phantom wind. Like the wind tried to "punch her." She dropped her laptop and ran out. They then go up to the room without her. The laptop was sitting on top of the stool she would of been siting on with a cracked screen. The Cisco cable she would of been using was on the floor close to where she said she dropped the laptop.

Another night me and 4 guys where staying after to upload a software patch to our granddaddy VAX computer. Halfway through we hear the familiar sound of the fire door's pneumatic door closer turn on. We go up stairs to take a look, no one is around and all the papers on a table near the door where knocked off along with a few workplace posters. We clean up the mess and get back to work.

The next day we were telling everyone that "Henry" was up to no good last night. And as we where telling the story. One of the posters fell off the wall.

One year we had a Japanese contract employee that was doing a large amount of custom programing for us. He hated the IT area, he said it was unclean. So to fix the problem he put up little protection charms made of paper, and prepared offerings every month or so. And for the year that he was here that damn door stayed shut when it was supposed too.

Comment

Working...
            X