This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sex and the city 2

Last thursday at the movie theatre we had a midnight showing of Sex and the city 2. A few women from a clothing store (women's I'm guessing since the clothes definitely looked like something only women would wear) in our area were setting up a display. They came over and talked to us, then gave 1 of the girls working a coupon. I was joking, but I asked for my coupon too.
    Lady: You sure you don't want a coupon?
    Me: Um, no thanks, I was just kidding.
    Lady: You don't have a wife or girlfriend or someone else you can give it to?
    Me: Not really.
    Lady: You know, we have some men come into the store. You know what I mean?
    I'm assuming she was talking about men who dress up in women's clothing.
    Me: You mean men who like to dress up as.... (I couldn't even say it)
    The lady confirmed it.
    Me: You actually have men that do that?
    Lady: Not too many, but we've had a few that come into the store. They wear fake boobs, a whig, basically make themselves up to look like a lady, and then they try on dresses.
    Me: Um yeah, very interesting.
    Whoa, very strange world we live in. But I've heard of girls wanting to be guys, and vise versa. I just certainly hope she didn't think I was "1 of those guys"!
    Last edited by BowserKoopa1; 05-31-2010, 08:43 PM.

I'm always jealous when some male has better looking legs than I do.
    Make a list of important things to do today.
    At the top of your list, put 'eat chocolate'
    Now, you'll get at least one thing done today

Comment

There's a shoe store in Toronto that caters to cross-dressers. My mom suggested that I try shopping there, because they carry women's shoes in sizes other than "tiny". Unfortunately they're still shaped like women's shoes, so even if they're a size 8 (ladies 10, this is actually a hard size to find) they're still not going to fit.

Comment

Quoth r2cagle View Post
        The ComputerError (another poster and friend that's male) looks better in a miniskirt than I do. *pouts*
        Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Quoth Evil Queen View Post
          The ComputerError (another poster and friend that's male) looks better in a miniskirt than I do. *pouts*
          A male friend of mine once wished he looked good in a skirt.
          This was when he was 15 and I'd just bought my new school uniform. (I swapped schools)
          The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

*sings* Victor.... Victoria....

Comment

Quoth r2cagle View Post
              Or better makeup.
              I am no longer of capable of the emotion you humans call “compassion”. Though I can feign it in exchange for an hourly wage. (Gravekeeper)

Comment

One Halloween several years ago my daughter, her husband, and another couple they know decided to dress as the Spice Girls for a party. Evidently, he looked better dressed up than she did, as he got hit on more all night by seemingly straight guys than she did, LOL.

Madness takes it's toll....
                Please have exact change ready.

Comment

Quoth Magpie View Post
                  There's a shoe store in Toronto that caters to cross-dressers. My mom suggested that I try shopping there, because they carry women's shoes in sizes other than "tiny". Unfortunately they're still shaped like women's shoes, so even if they're a size 8 (ladies 10, this is actually a hard size to find) they're still not going to fit.
                  My sister has to do that, when she want elegant shoes. It was quite funny when I dragged (no pun intended) her into one of those shops in St. Pauli (Red light district in Hamburg) for the first time. Some drag queens were shopping there too. The owners told us that they have many large footed female customers. And my sis: "Oooooooooh! Shoooooeeeeeees in my size!!!!!!!" She's a regular now.
                  I'm lucky, I didn't inherited those large feet from our father.
                  No trees were killed in the posting of this message.

However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Comment

Quoth Magpie View Post
                    so even if they're a size 8 (ladies 10, this is actually a hard size to find) they're still not going to fit.
                    Another Bigfoot here..for some insane reason my right foot is an inch or so longer than my left. The only boots I've found that fit me are tactical-type boots from Galls...which mom hates because they "don't look nice" (hey, they fit and they're almost indestructible, mmk?*). My 'dress shoes' fit okay but are actually too narrow in the toes.

Galls boots: $80 a pair, lasts about 6 years and counting
                    Any other boots: $80 a pair, lasts about 2 years if I'm lucky (my fuzzy pair of winter boots needs the lower liner replaced b/c my heels have worn through)
                    "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                    "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

My feet aren't that large - in anything other than New Balance I'm about a 7. Ladies shoes generally go up to about ladies 9 or ladies 10, so I can fit. (My sister has slightly larger feet than I do, she runs into problems). My issue is that my feet are wide. And even when women's shoes come in widths you generally can't find more than 2E, and that's considered incredibly wide. (Men's feet are only slightly wider than women's feet are. It's just that men expect shoes to fit). So I'm restricted to leather shoes that come in "wide". And unfortunately, I've never found flats that meet those criteria. My mom suggested that store to me because I can never find women's shoes that fit me (my dress shoes are character shoes, they're comfy, but they're still heels and therefore HURT). I should check it out one day, maybe they have wider shoes, but the description sounded like it was the same shoes but just longer.

Comment

It really sucks when your feet are outside the "norm", too wide too narrow too anything...
                        The shoes my sister buys now seem to be a bit wider, but when your feet are at a "normal" length that won't help much, I guess.
                        Have you tied orthopaedic shoes? Those aren't dress shoes, but who cares as long as they are comfortable. They might be expensive, though.

My own favorite brand of dress shoes with moderate heels is Think!, they use only a few different shoe trees, and once you've found the tree form that fits you best, you can order them almost blind, you know they will fit and they will be comfortable. They aren't exactly cheap, but the quality is good, plus the footbed is exchangeable. My oldest pair is already 5 years old, I've had them resoled and exchanged the footbed, but the leather still looks fine, so they will last a few more years.
                        No trees were killed in the posting of this message.

However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Comment

Working...
                        X