This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lotto...

Okay, most grocery stores around here do indeed have lotto services. Usually a self service machine for scratch offs, and a counter service for everything else.

Except the grocery store I work in is generally considered to be "luxury" foods. We primarily aim for the natural and organic market.

We do not have an ATM. We do not sell light bulbs. We don't sell anything except food, and you can buy a book of postage stamps as well if we have them that day. We don't even sell cigarettes, pens, school supplies, paper, etc. Just food, homeopathic body care, alcohol, and toilet paper.

The other day a regular customer asked me if I would tell my boss to install some self service lotto machines.

While I was off the clock - they recognized me in the parking lot while I was walking to my car and stopped me.

I pretended to be nice and said I'd tell him to look into it. But when we don't even have an ATM, you're asking for lotto, in a store that offers nothing in the way of anything self service....

My boss laughed when I passed it along. The company has absolutely no interest in installing them.

Quoth bean View Post
    My boss laughed when I passed it along. The company has absolutely no interest in installing them.
    They should install a vending machine that dispenses compost as well as dispensing a little bit of random money once in a while. It might as well be the same thing.

Comment

Quoth DerangedHermit View Post
      They should install a vending machine that dispenses compost as well as dispensing a little bit of random money once in a while. It might as well be the same thing.
      Eek; I think I'd pay money to see that.

The length to which some people go through to gamble is quite fascinating. I'm sure that if you had a machine that sprayed people with horse urine 99 times out of 100 and gave a 10x payout every 100 pulls, you'd still have people lining up to play it.

Love, Who?

Comment

Never say never. I never thought the swamp would start selling lottery tickets until the lottery people were visiting one day and the machines were put in.

I'd say we sell a decent amount of lottery tickets. Quite often I'm seeing people at the service desk buying them.
        Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth DerangedHermit View Post
          With the exception that compost is actually useful.
          Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

I was going to say, if the compost was high quality, I'd be there.
            Seshat's self-help guide:
            1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
            2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
            3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
            4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Basically, the only "convenience" options my store has are newspapers and postage stamps.

And we let you raid our registers for $100 cash back on debit or $50 on check. Grrrrrr....

But we do sell compost!

Comment

I pretended to be nice and said I'd tell him to look into it.
                well technically you passed it along... even if you did it to get your boss to laugh.

though... if they ask you about it you can honestly tell them that the management decided not to get them.

Comment

Working...
                X