X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Waiting for the fireworks

Here I am, munching on popcorn.

Someone sent out an all-work email a few weeks ago advertising a 'women only' event (yoga, aromasmellies, etc), but it only went to the women on our internal email listing.

A reminder went to the same people today, mentioning participants, but also included was our 'all optional' listing (allwork, but can opt out).

Someone's going to ask what would happen if an all male event was advertised. They're going to - it's a matter of minutes. It's not going to be me.

Watching with interest. The usual suspect is on holiday. Trying to work out who is the next most likely person to raise the question and end up lambasted.

Mind you, it's going to be interesting as we're supposedly fairly politically correct.

This is hopefully going to be fun!

Rapscallion

has popcorn at the ready... this looks like fun

Comment

So far, nothing.

*sigh*

May have to set one up myself...

You know, when I fancy being on the receiving end of a disciplinary.

Actually, cutting people out of social events is considered harassment under the CIPD guidelines...

Rapscallion

Comment

Isn't not having separate male/female options for athletic events also considered discrimination though? I know that every now and then the women-only or men-only swimming lessons get cancelled because of lack of enrolment, but they're very careful to make sure that they have them the next term.

Comment

and what would you do for the male only event?

Comment

Working...
          X