Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parking office raised both gates to Visitor Parking for faculty/staff members

Some information pertaining to this post.

Whenever the faculty/staff garage is full, faculty/staff members can park in Visitor Parking, but they have to get a token from their dept. to exit or they have to buy one for $5.00. There are faculty/staff members who feel this is not fair, which I agree with, but I have no control over the decisions that "Andrea", the Director of Parking & Transportation, makes.

Yesterday when I got to work I noticed that the entrance gate & the exit gate to Visitor Parking were up. So I left "Nancy", one of the Parking office clerks, voice mail as well as "Andrea", the Director of Parking & Transportation. "Andrea" mentioned to "Larry", a former parking company manager over the account, that she wants me to notify her of any problems or concerns when he had a meeting with her fall semester 2009.

One of the campus cops arrived at the Visitor Parking garage & lowered both gates.

Then a couple of hours later I noticed that the entrance gate to Visitor Parking was up. "Nancy" called me to ask if both gates were up. At that point I noticed that the exit gate was also up. She told me that the 3rd & 4th level of the faculty/staff garage, which is adjacent to Visitor Parking, was full. The parking permit for the 4th level costs more than the parking permit for the 1st, 2nd, & 3rd levels. She told me both gates were to remain up all day long. She also told me Visitor Parking was free yesterday.

There are university owned parking lots the faculty/staff members could have parked at. There is a student lot that can accommodate over 1000 students. I do not know why that lot was not used. There are no classes at the university on Friday's. Only Monday through Thursday. So that lot was available. According to the university's website, there is a shuttle bus that operates Monday through Friday. I am guessing this is for the faculty & students who work at the university Monday through Friday.

The Parking office lost revenue for one day.
Working...
X