This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reunited a Kid With His Family

I saw a little boy about eight years old, not exactly panicking but obviously in some minor distress. He came through my department so I asked if he was okay.

He was trying to find his parents and we have a big store, so I asked him if he'd like me to call them over the phone. I asked for his parents names. He gave them and asked me if I knew them, which I didn't but I told him that was okay because they would hear their name over the PA.

While we waited, I asked him if he had the day off from school, which of course they did. He said he couldn't wait to tell his friends that his family drove through a blizzard.

The dad came around and all was well the world.
    Don't waste time trying to convince someone that the sky is blue.

Yay for doing the right thing!

Comment

Awwww, that is so sweet! He will remember that and hopefully be influenced to be a kind person also.
      "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Had another one a couple days ago. But the way, the kid in the first story was only the second time I averted a Code Adam. With that kid at least he was old enough to understand why he should accept help from a store employee when he's lost in a store.

This third one was like the first one in that she was way too young to be on her own. This one runs past the fitting rooms and I stopped her because she was like Cindy Lu Hoo, no more than two. Three probably but you get the idea.

"Sweetie, are you with a grown up?"

"Yes, but I'm hiding."

"Okay, can you tell me where that grown up is right now? Cause I don't want you getting lost."

"Don't worry, I'm not going to get lost."

The whole time my coworker was watching the exchange, also bewildered at this young lady who was very confident in her ability to remain not lost. Whereas we grownups know that this store is located in a town where there are people who hear Code Adam and think "Blue Light Special".

I asked the little girl to show Awesome Coworker where her adults were. It turns out they weren't even in the apparel department, but all the way over in grocery. And Awesome Coworker didn't think they were appropriately freaked out for someone who just lost track of a child so small.

And actually now that I think of it, there was another incident prior to the one in the original post and the one before that but I'm getting to the point where I could write a whole series of these.

Half the time the parents are thankful to us for being vigilant. Other times they seem to think it's part of the service.

Sorry people but maybe the concept of Code Adam eludes you. Even in a public place your kid can go missing in the blink of an eye.
        Don't waste time trying to convince someone that the sky is blue.

Comment

Working...
        X