Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I've never heard of a bar asking for ID!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth strawbabies
    They must've figured the bar had magical barriers at the door that don't let anyone under 21 in. Since they were just able to stroll into the building, they must have been old enough to be there.
    ...or maybe the bar had an "age line" drawn around it.

Seriously, I never heard of a bar not asking ID. OK, I don't get carded at every bar I stop at anymore, but then I am in my late 30's now.
    Sometimes life is altered.
    Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
    Uneasy with confrontation.
    Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Quoth MadMike
      ...or maybe the bar had an "age line" drawn around it. Seriously, I never heard of a bar not asking ID. OK, I don't get carded at every bar I stop at anymore, but then I am in my late 30's now.
      I get carded whenever I go to a bar or club and most (not all) restaurants. What's the one place I never get carded? The state-run Wine & Spirits Shoppes; of course the Liquor Control Board can't very well fine itself.
      Mon aƩroglisseur est plein des anguilles!"

Comment

I get the same thing every night. Signs everywhere "Have ID ready for alcohol/tobacco purchases". At least one nimrod a night that thinks if he spouts off his birth date(since he DROVE to my store and didn't bring ID) that I will sell him beer or cigs. Same for the ones that will send their friends in for what I just refused to sell to them. Or right in my face at the counter. Fireworks ensue on that. I don't need a $1500 fine and a Contributing to the Delinquency of a Minor charge which is criminal, not civil.
        USN Retired

Comment

Trust me as a server, people try some stupid things to get alcohol. The best was when a girl used an I.D. of a girl that I used to work with!

Comment

I once had a girl say, "I'll ring my friend up and she'll tell you I'm 18". Sadly for her, that doesn't count as ID where I work or indeed, anywhere.
            People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
            My DeviantArt.

Comment

Quoth nattie
              Trust me as a server, people try some stupid things to get alcohol. The best was when a girl used an I.D. of a girl that I used to work with!

I have one better at the gas station I help Manage (assist. Mngr) ---- I had a guy (truck driving company trainee) try to use a PHOTOCOPY of his "license" and tried to tell me that the bars in town accepted it!!!!!!

And I did laugh in the guys face
              I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
              -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Quoth One-Fang View Post

Combine this with the higher instance of choosing to be childless in more intelligent people (generally speaking, nobody flame me please), and you have a situation where the human race is selectively breeding for stupidity.
                Too bad it's too late for me to start having kids. I'd almost consider it just to have a few smarter folks running around 20 years from now.
                Everything will be ok in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end.

Comment

Bars didn't start asking for my I.D. until I turned 21. I got into bars quite often as a minor.

Most bars have recently stopped checking my I.D. anymore as well... it helps that I'm on a first name basis with a lot of the bouncers here in town.
                  When will the fantasy end? When will the heaven begin?

Comment

If she's never heard of a bar asking for ID, she's never heard of a bar, and therefore has not been on this planet long enough to go on one... case closed
                    free from the evil clutches of crappy tire

Comment

Working...
                    X