How to use a garbage bag

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to use a garbage bag

I was at the local pharmacy/craft store this weekend, and while I was waiting to check out, one of the employees was berating another for how she put the garbage bag in the can. For extra weirdness, the berater was in her early 20s, and the victim was at least 20 years older.

YW: You put the bag on like this <takes open end of bag and stretches it over the rim of the can> then you push the bag into the can so the seam is on the inside <demonstrates this>.
    OW: What difference does it make?
    YW: The seam is on the inside, where it belongs.
    OW: <dismissively> Ok...

At this point, the older woman turned to me and started ringing up my purchase. I smirked behind my mask. I mean, seriously? As long as there's a bag in the garbage can, who cares whether the seam is on the inside or outside? That was needlessly nitpicky. Presumably, the older woman has an extra 20 years experience using garbage bags compared to the younger woman. You'd think if the seam was supposed to be on the inside, she would have hard about it by now.
    "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
    -Mira Furlan

"Because my way is the only right way!!!"

OCD much?
    Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, you speak with the Fraud department. -- CrazedClerkthe2nd
    OW! Rolled my eyes too hard, saw my brain. -- Seanette
    she seems to top me in crazy, and I'm enough crazy for my family. -- Cooper
    Yes, I am evil. What's your point? -- Jester

Comment

"My way is an oddball that adds extra steps and work, THEREFORE IT MUST BE RIGHT!" (and it's an excuse to show off my SUPERIOR knowledge and browbeat someone)

Comment

I am reminded of a war over whether to open an egg on the small end or the big end.
        "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

I'm wondering if there is a written procedure/policy on how garage bags are placed inside of garbage cans. Some places get so anal retentive about their procedures that they tend to lose focus on the final product/customer service.
          Just sliding down the razor blade of life.

Comment

I beliive the kid is referring to this.

TLDR:
            Per Glad, the trash bag manufacturer, the kid is wrong.
            Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
            Save the Ales!
            Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

OMG, csquared, that's exactly what the younger woman was doing! She probably saw that tiktok.
              "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
              -Mira Furlan

Comment

Yet another idjit who believes everything they see on the interwebz.
                Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
                Save the Ales!
                Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

Quoth csquared View Post
                  Yet another idjit who believes everything they see on the interwebz.
                  The plausibabble of the WaffenSchpiel SlogansKrieg.
                  I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                  Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                  Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Working...
                  X