Nope, not gonna do it.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nope, not gonna do it.

I mentioned the workplace, from last summer, with the lunatic president who wanted to discipline me based on my bowel movements. Even though I no longer work there, and have not since just after Labor Day in September 2020, someone at the company keeps giving out my personal phone number to new vendors as the official contact.

This week, as I was eating my lunch, I received what I assumed was a spam call. I answer anyway, as I like trolling them in my free time. Because I am a jerk.

Me: Hello.

Lydia: Hi, I'm Lydia, calling from <Punny-named Cannabis Company>. We need you to send over the licensing info so we can release your order.

Me: I think you've got the wrong number, I no longer use or work with cannabis products.

Lydia: I have the right number, I can see it was dialed properly, you need to send over the licenses for <Former Cannabis Employer>.

Me: I understood what you're asking for, but I have not worked for <FCE> since September of last year, so I cannot help you. They keep giving out my personal phone number as a vendor contact, but that is incorrect. I can give you their office number, which is- *interrupted by Lydia*

Lydia: Look, whether you work there now or you used to work there and you know what I need. So either give it to me now, or get it, and send it to me later today.

Me: Wow. Nope. *click* *Well, okay, BEEP because it was on an electronic phone and not lovely 1960's rotary landline phones I have. But if I brought the working rotary phone upstairs, I could give it a damned fine *CLICK* when I hang up the phone!*

I know the employees at <FCE> are blindingly stupid, since they keep giving people my personal phone as a vendor contact. But the sheer chutzpah of Lydia just kind of floored me. Like, I worked there almost a year ago, so I'll just go get their state licensing info and give it to you, because you demanded it? Not gonna happen.

I did send a lovely email to the <Punny-Named Cannabis Company>'s customer service email about Lydia's poor attitude and to let them know to never contact me for <FCE> business. I received a reply from Edward, who emailed me a request for the <FCE> license info, saying if I don't send it then the order would be cancelled. Either Lydia is signing someone else's name or they are all really, really extra stupid.

I was oh so tempted to tell them to just cancel it. Instead, I replied highlighting the fact I'm the wrong person entirely, and blocked both their phone number and email address. Because my brain cells were afraid of staring too deep into the abyss of stupid.

What in the world? I mean, how...I got nothin'. Which is what's in their heads.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Oh, the good old "nope-a-dope" technique.
      I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
      Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
      Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Next time, I feel that you would be fully justified in advising them to NOT use the product while on the clock, and then to fuck right off.
        "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
        "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
        "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
        "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
        "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
        "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
        Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
        "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Working...
        X