Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• another wrestling legend gone... RIP "Beautiful" Bobby Eaton

link to story

Grew up watching wrestling, and when we got cable TV, we got the WTBS Superstation and I started watching just when the Midnight Express with Eaton and Dennis Condry were just starting to wrestle in Atlanta. Hated the guys but loved the matches, they were fun to watch. Didn't really appreciate how good the wrestling was until I grew up and got to see some of the old shows again.

I've been listening to Jim Cornette's podcast shows for the last few years and he always talked about how good and how nice Eaton was. He'd keep extra clothes in case someone needed a shirt or something. Cornette once told a story about how Eaton met a drunk at a gas station and ended up buying him a full meal and giving him his coat off his back because it was cold out.

In the wrestling world, you rarely hear about anyone who no one could say a bad thing about. Bobby Eaton was someone everyone liked and respected.

Rest in peace, sir.
    "Kamala the Ugandan Giant" 1950-2020 • "Bullet" Bob Armstrong 1939-2020 • "Road Warrior Animal" 1960-2020 • "Zeus" Tiny Lister Jr. 1958-2020 • "Hacksaw" Butch Reed 1954-2021 • "New Jack" Jerome Young 1963-2021 • "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff 1949-2021 • "Beautiful" Bobby Eaton 1958-2021 • Daffney 1975-2021

May he rest in peace. v_v
    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Working...
    X