Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Two proposals and a wedding. Love is in the air!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two proposals and a wedding. Love is in the air!

What are the odds of this happening?

My wife and I are currently in San Diego, California on our first real vacation since our honeymoon. Last night we took a romantic dinner cruise around San Diego Bay and had a wonderful time. And so did a lot of other people. Get this:

While we were waiting to board the ship (we were very early) a rideshare dropped off another couple, and from the way the man was dressed I could tell this was a very special occasion. We ended up seated next to them, and boy was my suspicion right! Just after the ship cast off, he proposed to his girlfriend, and she said yes!!!!

That’s the second wedding proposal I’ve witnessed right in front of me, but it gets better. The boyfriend had preordered a bottle of good champagne from France, but neither of them were drinkers and only wanted the champagne for a toast. So he offered my wife and I the whole rest of the bottle!

In exchange, I gave them the chocolate truffles we had preordered for ourselves (they appeared to have nuts and my wife is allergic) and offered to take some pictures of them together on their special night.

But the romance didn’t end there. As it turned out, about half of the people on the cruise were part of a wedding, the bride and groom having just tied the knot on the observation deck before general boarding began. The cruise was their reception. Which was a clever idea, as the food was excellent and cost less than it would for a traditional reception. They even played our song.

And before the night was over, the couple on the other side of us went up to the observation deck where they also got engaged!

Love is in the air around here!
    "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.
Working...
X