No announcement yet.

Random SC Thought Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Client: "Yes it is terminated." Me: Then why does it NOT SAY TERIMINATED ON MY SCREEN? There are open invoices. You are in collections. We didn't close the account because you didn't pay what you agreed to!!
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

If I can't even see what you want me to grab off the top of the shelving a foot above my head because the item is shoved so far back, what makes you think I can reach it?
      "I am quite confident that I do exist."
      "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

I don't ask your b-day (for clearly over 19 ppl) or ID (for those who look younger) because I care how old you are. It's the law. Even if you came in with grey hair, a walker, and an O2 container I'd still have to ask for your b-day. Because if I don't and there's a secret shopper I'm fucked. Yes, I know you're old. I neither have the time nor inclination to do the math and really don't care HOW old you are. Informing me the question is meaningless because you have me a fake date anyway only proves what an idiot you are. If I actually thought you were young I'd have asked for actual physical ID not a birthdate. So yes, it does work. It's called covering our ass.
        Don’t worry about what I’m up to. Worry about why you are worried about what I’m up to.

Comment

Quoth Dreamstalker View Post
          If I can't even see what you want me to grab off the top of the shelving a foot above my head because the item is shoved so far back, what makes you think I can reach it?
          But you work here! Isn't your crap pay balanced out with the magic powers you get upon employment?
          Don’t worry about what I’m up to. Worry about why you are worried about what I’m up to.

Comment

Retiring doesn't entitle you to just drop your commitments. You signed a legally binding contract and you should've settled it before you ended your practice. I don't care if you were a doctor. You still have to pay your bills. Have fun with the calls from the not nice collectors.

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
              Retiring doesn't entitle you to just drop your commitments. You signed a legally binding contract and you should've settled it before you ended your practice. I don't care if you were a doctor. You still have to pay your bills. Have fun with the calls from the not nice collectors.
              Wait a minute. You mean when I retired I didn't have to pay my bills anymore. Darn it. I wish I knew that before I paid everything off.
              "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

I realize that you're frustrated because you are having trouble accessing your G-mail account, and that there is no easy/direct way to get in touch with their customer service about your account. However, please keep in mind that I work for the library, NOT Google, and I don't have the ability to work around their security measures and figure out what's going on with your e-mail.

Comment

Attention customers (yes, ALL y'all):

Go home. You're unable to navigate three-dimensional space.

Comment

Quoth Dreamstalker View Post
                    Attention customers (yes, ALL y'all):

Go home. You're unable to navigate three-dimensional space.
                    This is why I think flying cars (although a cool concept) would be a BAD idea IRL. They're quite stupid enough in two dimensions, TYVM.
                    "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

Quoth Seanette View Post

This is why I think flying cars (although a cool concept) would be a BAD idea IRL.
                      If we give everyone a flying car, those of us with common sense should just stay home. After a couple of years, Social Darwinism will have played out.

Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
                      Save the Ales!
                      Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

Dole salads have been RECALLED. Why are you still ordering them? (while that may be more MiM for not acting on the recall on the online-ordering side, the SCs bitching when I literally do not have an acceptable substitute is on them)

Comment

Look, you can have your attorney send all the letters s/he wants but you agreed to X number of quarterly payments which we will hold you to. S/he should know what a contract is. It's lawyering 101. And by the way, we did replace your broken equipment. The second time (yes, it sucks it happened twice), you sent it back to us without letting us know it needed to be replaced. Then you refused to pay the early settlement amount. We don't write off invoice for faulty equipment. We repair or replace it. I'm not scared of you little letter but I'll gladly refer your case to someone else because I'm sick of dealing with it. Give me money or deal with our legal dept. who will shut you down because you're in the wrong.

Comment

OK, I know that when you open your computer at home, then open your email account, it logs in with your password automatically. That's because you 'told' your computer to 'remember' your password for your email account.

The store computer isn't your computer at home. Your password isn't 'saved' in it. When you open your email HERE, it won't log in automatically.

And no, I don't know your password.
                            "Kamala the Ugandan Giant" 1950-2020 • "Bullet" Bob Armstrong 1939-2020 • "Road Warrior Animal" 1960-2020 • "Zeus" Tiny Lister Jr. 1958-2020 • "Hacksaw" Butch Reed 1954-2021 • "New Jack" Jerome Young 1963-2021 • "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff 1949-2021 • "Beautiful" Bobby Eaton 1958-2021 • Daffney 1975-2021

Comment

Quoth El Pollo Guerrera View Post
                              And no, I don't know your password.
                              Considering the person you described, their password is probably "password".

Or maybe "12345".
                              "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth Deserted View Post

Argh, I hate those. "What's your name?! No, your whole name!!!" My first name is uncommon but not particularly rare, my last name is an alternate spelling of a nationwide department store chain, pretty rare in my area but not in, say, West Virginia... but together, my name is practically unique. Worldwide. No, you WILL NOT be getting my last name.
                                Ugh. Outside of myself and my dad, we have found one other [Lastname] in the country, and they live in Oregon. Nobody who is not legally entitled to it is getting my real last name.

I've had SCs on the phone for online pickup (only the ones who are bitching about something) ask for my name. Nope, nuh-uh. I do have a couple aliases I can use, but need to make sure the front end will play along (C torpedoed one of my nom de plumes in front of the SC a few weeks ago...grrrr). S used to let me wear rotating nametags; if I came to work wearing one of my aliases, he knew somebody pissed me off.

Comment

Working...
                                X