Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mr. Clean, Mr. Clean, Mr. Clean (is not this guy...)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mr. Clean, Mr. Clean, Mr. Clean (is not this guy...)

A few days ago I went into the men's room to take care of some business, and saw a guy using the hand dryer...which apparently was not effective enough for his tastes, so I saw him go into one of the stalls, and heard him rip off a few sheets of paper and blow his nose(!) before tearing off a big wad to dry his hands with(!!!). He may as well have not washed his hands at all, and in the midst of a pandemic, it seems EPICALLY stupid to use public restroom T.P. as Kleenex and paper towels.

Was washing my hands today, some guy comes in with a cup of coffee, grabs a big wad of T.P., and starts wiping the excess caffeinated beverage off the side of the cup. I had to inform him he could have asked someone at one of the registers to give him some paper towels, which would have been more sanitary.

Jesus Christ, even if were weren't in mid-pandemic...that's just fucking vile. Good thing my mask concealed the expression I had on my face witnessing that.

Comment

I'm sorry, but what's wrong with using TP to wipe your nose or coffee off the side of the cup? It's not as if he's using used TP.

And what else do you expect someone to do if their nose starts running and they don't have any Kleenex? People's allergies are kicking in regardless of SARS-CoV-2 and they surprise you sometimes.
      It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

I believe the points here are:
        1) flushing a toilet causes it's contents to arisolize. As Mythbusters showed, bacteria gets everywhere . While most restroom surfaces are designed to be unfriendly to bacteria and easy to sanitize, toilet paper is kinda the opposite of those things. This is why covering the seat with toilet paper before you sit down is actually counter-productive.
        It's fine for wiping your butt with, but toilet paper that had been in a stall in a public restroom should not be considered remotely sanitary.

Which brings us to point 2)
        The order of events is blow your nose then wash your hands, not the other way around.
        Last edited by SpyOne; 06-09-2021, 08:34 AM. Reason: butt has 2 Ts.

Comment

When I was homeless in Portland, I learned real fast just how helpful and reassuring it is to use wet wipes on a toilet seat before I sat on them.
          Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Working...
          X