No announcement yet.

Why am I suddenly getting these calls?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why am I suddenly getting these calls?

I don't know why I'm suddenly getting all the loan calls. Some of them, sure, are tangentially related to my duties and I can kind of see the logic, but others make no sense whatsoever.

Ever since I got assigned the bulk of the escrow loan maintenance, everybody seems to be sending me calls for loan customers, even if they're not really about escrows. The one earlier today was about their 1098 (mortgage interest tax statement) for pete's sake! That should have gone to bookkeeping!

The other call this afternoon that came to me for no apparent reason was an insurance agent who wanted to make sure they had the correct information for where to send the customer's insurance bills. Anybody should have been able to handle that. Also, I don't actually receive those bills. If it's a loan booked at the main branch, a coworker in the main branch handles paying those insurance bills, not me. But this was also a brand new loan, so the customer is supposed to pay that first year's premium out of pocket. Before the loan closes, even. So if anything, it's a question for the loan officer: "Why didn't you make sure the premium was paid before closing?"

But I've been fielding these calls and handling them. Because I'm awesome that way.
    "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
    -Mira Furlan

Could you complain to a higher boss on the grounds that all of this information going where it shouldn't could compromise bank cursestomer data?
    Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

I doubt that would help. They hear "insurance for my mortgage" or "escrow" and send the call to me, it seems.

Besides, as I said, I am awesome at answering these questions. It just seems weird to send the customer to someone (me) in another state whose primary job isn't answering these sorts of questions.
      "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
      -Mira Furlan

Comment

Maybe the internal phonebook's been updated wrong, and on some other board someone else is wondering why they never get these calls any more...
        This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
        I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

That or the one who is supposed to answer those calls left and Ghel is the next one with half a brain who can give a complete answer.
          I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
          -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Or, the really simple answer: "I don't want to deal with actually searching up a proper answer, OR who the call needs to go to, so... Hey look, there's a 'loan' *somewhere* in the job title/duties, so let's send everything to Ghel." The fact that Ghel will actually handle things just reinforces the feeling of 'made the right choice'.

Around here, would that be too far off the mark?

Comment

Yeah, the fact that I'm competent and know how to find answers for the customers is probably a big factor.
              -Mira Furlan

Comment

Could it be "Another customer out of my queue within performance metrics for time spent on call".
                ludo ergo sum

Comment

Quoth rvdammit View Post
                  Could it be "Another customer out of my queue within performance metrics for time spent on call".
                  Quite likely. At Hades Annex, our "front line" seems to be doing this, by dumping calls to totally inappropriate queues. My bunch has to write complaints about situations like this, but we keep seeing "resolutions" that basically totally blow off the report that my crew can auto-fail a call for not doing (grrrr).

At least I now have an exit plan, date of departure TBD, but soon.
                  "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

I got another one today. It said "WI cell phone" on my phone display. Which means the customer called the main branch, and then they transferred it to me. If the call came directly to our branch, it displays which line it came in on (a useless piece of information).

"I got a late notice on my insurance. You guys were supposed to pay this."
                    <tap, tap, click, click> "We did. Last week."
                    "Oh! Ok. Thanks!"

I had nothing to do with the payment of this insurance premium, but I know how to find the information to satisfy the customer. It's not really a big deal. It's just super weird. How does everyone at the main branch know that I'm the one to answer questions about escrows?
                    -Mira Furlan

Comment

Working...
                    X