Karen, read the damn email!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Karen, read the damn email!

For one of the properties that is a part of the group of hotels/spas that I work for we have contactless check-in and we send an email to our guests the morning of the day they are due to check in. We also inform the incoming guest of how the contactless check-in works when we take their reservation. We also inform them that if they want to pay using a different card than the one they provided to hold the reservation that they need to let us know before the day they are expected to arrive as that would mean we need to direct them to the hotel where we have somebody on-site 7 days a week...which they are told about during the initial call and also via email.

So, tonight we have a reservation at this particular property and I know that when the reservation was taken that the caller was given all the above information. I took that reservation in the first place.

Well, the girlfriend of the guy who reserved the room called because they were standing outside of the building and there was nobody there to let them in. I asked if they'd checked the email that was sent this morning (by the morning guest services agent) so that they knew that before could send them the information for accessing the building and their room that they needed to agree to the terms and conditions along with sending a photo of the reserver's ID.

She told me that she didn't think it was important to respond to that email. So I explained that unless they did what the email told them to do that I would not send the info they needed to get into the building as per our policy. With a huff she said she'd read the email and have her boyfriend send the copy of his ID. I told her that as soon as we received that response that we would then email the access instructions.

As soon as the responding email popped up with the needed info, I sent off the info. And no sooner do I press send then the missus calls me back - "That email was sent over five minutes ago!" It wasn't even five minutes since I spoke to her.

Then she went off over how stupid she thinks the contactless check-in procedure is. I explained to her that her boyfriend had already been told what to expect when he made the reservation, including the fact that we run the payment with the card on file the day they are expected to check-in.

Well, this set her off because she wanted to pay with a debit card and not the credit card on file. Sorry lady, it's too late now unless you want to come over to the hotel and make the payment with us refunding the credit card and then swiping the debit card for the amount of the room plus the $250 deposit that is required when paying via debit or cash.

The call ended when the boyfriend grabbed the phone and apologized to me for his girlfriend's behaviour. I have a feeling (and a hope) that after their stay tonight that dude breaks up with this missus because nobody needs a cranky cow like that in their life.

Hopefully she has not been like this before around him and he has gone along with it.

If this is a first time he has seen this side of her, it could be a real eye opener.

Comment

Working...
    X