Well, crap ....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, crap ....

I had some bloodwork done and the doctor called to make an appointment to talk about the results, with the "nothing urgent" disclaimer ... and also she did not order repeats of my meds. I might be off my metformin and the others! Yay!

Howsomever, I just now received a phone reminder of tomorrow's appointment. Either somebody wasn't clear the first time, or I misunderstood, because I was under the impression I was supposed to turn up in person ... but the phone message says it's just a phone appointment. This is disappointing because I had wanted to ask if she had the time to diagnose something that has come up in the meantime. I was looking forward to getting an answer tomorrow ... now it seems I'll have to make yet another appointment.

Hope she can squeeze me in fairly quickly. The problem is more annoying than anything else but I really would like to get it dealt with ASAP.

On the bright side, I can do this appointment in my jammies ...
    Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
    ~ Mr Hero

It was 113 days since a posting in Sickbay.

Counter reset to 0.
    "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
      It was 113 days since a posting in Sickbay.

Counter reset to 0.

Do I get a prize?
      ~ Mr Hero

Comment

Well, I have some cookies and wine over here on the sideboard. Help yourself.

Comment

Just what a diabetic needs.

Good luck with the Doc visit call.
          Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
          Save the Ales!
          Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

Quoth csquared View Post
            Seeing as how they're digital offerings, they are sugar and carb free. Besides, I'm diabetic too, so I need help getting rid of them. (Then I can go buy some more. For Mrs. IA.)

Comment

Assuming the phone appointment is with the right doctor, is there any reason other than "I'm in your office now so you have to answer my question" that's stopping you from asking during the call?

I find phone appointments with my slew of doctors go faster and have less waiting around, so we can usually talk about more stuff. YMMV of course.
              This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
              I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

There's a place in the next town over from me where everything they sell is keto, gluten-free, and sugar free (no GI) (save for tea and sodas), including lots of baked goods. They use monkfruit as the sweetener. Surprisingly, it's actually good stuff Downside: A regular-sized cookie costs two bucks o_O
                "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
                  Well, I have some cookies and wine over here on the sideboard. Help yourself.
                  Done! *munch munch slurp slurp*

Quoth csquared View Post

Good luck with the Doc visit call.
                  I can't say I adhere to a really strict diabetic diet so ... Not to mention I've just ordered two dozen cookies via a fundraiser (very sad situation: the woman's daughter has brain cancer .... ) I do keep my intake to a minimum, though ... these cookies will be 1-2 a day.

Alas, the doc says I will be going back on all 3 meds. However, I've not yet heard from the pharmacy -- they usually call when a renewal is ready. I'll be calling them tomorrow to see if they've heard from her.

Quoth RealUnimportant View Post
                  Assuming the phone appointment is with the right doctor, is there any reason other than "I'm in your office now so you have to answer my question" that's stopping you from asking during the call?

I find phone appointments with my slew of doctors go faster and have less waiting around, so we can usually talk about more stuff. YMMV of course.
                  It's some kind of weird skin condition so I'm pretty sure she'd have to take a look at it.

But there's no reason I couldn't have asked her about that and about my second shingles vaccine ... except I'd only just heard the day before that it was a phone call and not an office visit and so was more than a bit off-balance. When I go in to see her I'll make sure I have a written list of questions.

Quoth EricKei View Post
                  There's a place in the next town over from me where everything they sell is keto, gluten-free, and sugar free (no GI) (save for tea and sodas), including lots of baked goods. They use monkfruit as the sweetener. Surprisingly, it's actually good stuff Downside: A regular-sized cookie costs two bucks o_O
                  The healthier stuff does tend to be a bit pricier ...
                  ~ Mr Hero

Comment

Yeah. I did get out there this past weekend and tired their sausage gumbo - it was quite good ^_^ Turns out their head chef is a New Orleans native.
                    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth Pixelated View Post
                      When I go in to see her I'll make sure I have a written list of questions.
                      This is always a good idea. I always forget so much in the moment!
                      This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
                      I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

Working...
                      X