And they're devilishly good!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And they're devilishly good!

I had a customer decide not to buy a bag of cherries the other day.

Why?

Because when I weighed them up, the cost came to $6.66.

I offered to remove a few cherries but nope.

So I bought them.

I am now the proud owner of a bag of demonic cherries.
    Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
    ~ Mr Hero

I found a combination of food at a store I would visit on Fridays that came up to 6.66 every time. It freaked the cashier out so I would get it every week.

Comment

Quoth ReverendBSB View Post
      I found a combination of food at a store I would visit on Fridays that came up to 6.66 every time. It freaked the cashier out so I would get it every week.
      That's EEEEBIL ...
      ~ Mr Hero

Comment

When I worked at the bookstore, I would get customers who suddenly decided they didn't want their book when it totaled to $6.66 (for some reason the adult-ed coursebooks were the most frequent offenders)...a few of them demanded to know why we couldn't change the total to a "better number" (we can, it's called "you buy a card or something extra").
        "I am quite confident that I do exist."
        "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

It's almost like they think the thing is already cursed, no matter what they do ...
          ~ Mr Hero

Comment

Quoth ReverendBSB View Post
            I did something like that once, back before I knew how superstitious some people actually were. This was back in the late 80s or early 90s, back when gas was a helluva lot cheaper than it is now. I stopped at a gas station to fill up, and the pump stopped at $6.64. Just to be a smartass, I squeezed two more cents into it. I don't know if Pay at the Pump existed back then, but even if it did, I didn't have a credit card yet, so I had to go in and pay. When the cashier brought up the total, I thought she was going to have a heart attack. One of the other people behind the counter said she should play that number in the lottery, but the cashier said, "No! That's the devil's number!' I actually felt a little bad after that.
            Sometimes life is altered.
            Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
            Uneasy with confrontation.
            Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Some years ago, DH had a standard lunch that came to $6.66. He still jokingly calls it "the McMeal of the Beast", even though it hasn't cost so little for years.
              "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

Working...
              X