Of all the things to nick...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Of all the things to nick...

At the moment, our train is running 45 minutes late because of 'an attempted theft of the signals'.... so if you see some oik racing past with a giant set of lights and a movable lever tucked under their arm, we'd like to have a word with them....
    Last edited by Kit-Ginevra; 07-27-2021, 08:02 PM.
    The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

I'm sure they will track him down.
    "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Unfortunately, Kit got railroaded out of his time.
      This site proves Corey Taylor right. Man really is a "four letter word."

I'm now using my Deviant Art page to post my humor.

Comment

Now that's a sleeper crime.
        I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
        Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
        Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Why would anyone do that? He must have a "loco"motive.

Comment

Whoever did that really didn't make the grade.
            I don't see why anyone would choo-choo-choose to do such a thing.
            He is the engineer of his own failure.

I'll be here all week. No matter how much you beg me to leave. I have a Railpass!
            "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
            "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
            "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
            "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
            "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
            "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
            Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
            "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
              I'll be here all week. No matter how much you beg me to leave. I have a Railpass!
              We will shunt you to a passing siding.

Comment

I guess they went round the bend
                I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
                -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

It's usually the wiring they're after, you'd better call the coppers!
                  This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
                  I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

I hope someone blows the whistle on them.
                    Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
                    Save the Ales!
                    Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

It didn't take long for this thread to get up to steam.
                      PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

A reminder from your local grouch and misfortune-teller; this thread is an absolute train wreck and is headed nowhere. I strongly suggest you switch tracks while you still can.
                        Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Quoth Kristev View Post
                          A reminder from your local grouch and misfortune-teller; this thread is an absolute train wreck and is headed nowhere. I strongly suggest you switch tracks while you still can.
                          But we all have a one track mind. Are you trying to derail us? Or just shunt us off to the side?

Comment

Something did just occur to me: This means that a train in the UK was late; that's a very serious offense -- almost as bad as wasting tea. Tell me, how many heads ended up on pikes because of this?

(for those unfamiliar: "I'd like to live just long enough to be there when they cut off your head and stick it on a pike as a warning to the next ten generations that some favors come with too high a price. I would look up at your lifeless eyes and wave like this. [waves as above] . . .Can you and your associates arrange this for me?" - Vir Cotto, Babylon 5)

Oh, sorry, I almost forgot to bring a bad pun along for the ride. Terribly sorry. *ahem*

I'm sure this made some folks blow their stacks.
                            "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                            "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                            "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                            "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                            "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                            "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                            Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                            "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
                              Something did just occur to me: This means that a train in the UK was late; that's a very serious offense -- almost as bad as wasting tea. Tell me, how many heads ended up on pikes because of this?
                              Clearly not enough. Because if beheadings were the punishments for late trains, then the Replacement Bus Service would not be a thing.

I'm sure this made some folks blow their stacks.
                              If you didn't, then the reddit thread I linked will certainly engineer some anger for the Brits on the board.
                              PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Working...
                              X