Losing a family member

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Losing a family member

It's always hard to put down a pet. Especially one you've had for more than a decade. Even more so when the pet is particularly attached to you.

My Old Man Kitty, the Meatloaf with Fur, Atlas-boy, had throat cancer. He had been getting slowly worse over the past six months, and that accelerated significantly in the past month. We had him for over eleven years, and the shelter thought he was at least seven when we adopted him. So he did have a good long run.

We took him to the vet last week, and I held him as we put him to sleep. I cried a lot.

It still hurts, looking at his special space on the bed, or on my couch, and seeing it empty.

We now have only three cats, who are mostly attached to my wife. We'll see how that goes in the future. Especially because my wife is away for a little while.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged.
    One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world.
    The other, of course, involves orcs." -- John Rogers

I'm so sorry!
    Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

I'm sorry for your loss. You gave him a good home.
      "Kamala the Ugandan Giant" 1950-2020 • "Bullet" Bob Armstrong 1939-2020 • "Road Warrior Animal" 1960-2020 • "Zeus" Tiny Lister Jr. 1958-2020 • "Hacksaw" Butch Reed 1954-2021 • "New Jack" Jerome Young 1963-2021 • "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff 1949-2021 • "Beautiful" Bobby Eaton 1958-2021 • Daffney 1975-2021

Comment

Working...
      X