Kids lost their damm minds PT1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kids lost their damm minds PT1

So I just got done working 6 weeks running a rifle range at a local BSA camp.
    The title sums it up. They have forgotten they are IRL. Too much time sitting at home at a computer due to 'rona scare. Each week starts with a Sunday night campfire with songs and skits by staff. You can tell the kids are amped up but come on. Yelling things, shining flashlights in the faces of the people and just being feral. Lot of the leaders didn't even try or see to notice. By the end of the week fire on friday, they were back to normal for the most part. Some stuff but it was normal kid stuff that you let slide.

So wk1 my 16yo was working at a different camp was in the middle of a knife assult.
    Heard about it from my director, but neglected to tell me my son was one of the 2 staffers watching 20+ first years that one attempted to stab one other, stop short and dropped the knife and mine had the smarts to secure it and get adult staff involved. Till 4 weeks later. He didn't tell me cause that camp dir said to keep it quiet.
    This is why the BSA has the shit sued out of it for sex shit. I haven't talked to them but I'm sure they ment not to panic the rest of the camp. I'm like kid IDGAF what they said , your in the middle of this shit fucking tell me, and yea call that night at 0030 is still expected.
    Asked him how he's doing with what happened, you getting flashbacks or anything? Even for me, that would be intense...how did you feel about it?
    He says he said to himself after - "they don't pay me enough for this shit" LOL Also after he got the other kids calmed down he had a quick quiet freakout.

My camp was not bad till one week and all hell broke loose.
    Vandalism of reg sort but a lot of it. Some might been adult doing
    Booted one kid for wearing a shirt with a pic of the unit patch of the SS unit that ran the camps. Fellow history buff noticed it was not just a reg iron cross.
    Later one troop of boys threw rocks at a campsite where a couple of girl troops were staying and got stopped by others when they heard the girls call for help. Then they complained the boys that stopped them used bad words... really.
    I don't know what was done about that.
    I was not staying at the camp and the range is at the edge so I drive most of the time, damm near ran over a few of them on bikes, they come sailing off of side paths on the main road w/o looking. We put out to leaders and them to look. Nope, by thurs I would honk the hell out of them and get them to stop and yell right there. I going 10mph max and have to slam on the brakes, yea I'm using my voice of auth.
    Then shit went downhill from here...
    This is just part 1
    AkaiKitsune
    Sarcasm dear, sarcasm. I’m well aware that dealing with civilians in any capacity will skin your faith in humanity alive, then pickle anything that remains so as to watch it shrivel up into an immortal husk thus reminding you of how dead inside you now are.

Yeesh, when my dad was volunteering at his camp the kids were nothing like that - it was late 60s into the late 70s - he did rangemaster and some other odds and ends, and ended up his volunteer career doing stuff on the council including camp inspections all over western and central NY - need a mug? I think we still have around 50 of them =)
    EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Holy crap that's insane. I'd report that to the BSA headquarters.

Comment

In my day (early seventies) this would have been unheard of. Troops were mustered several times a day on the parade ground, and scout masters were responsible for the conduct of their troops at all times. We marched from sleeping huts to chow hall and back.

Wearing effing Nazi insignia?????? Who's teaching these kids anything these days?

Comment

Just for fun, I'd find a cheap or already mangled bike to "run over" and attach to the front of the vehicle. Bonus points if you get 'caught' washing something kinda red off. Make sure to stick to absolutely true statements that absolutely seem to defy the imagery and implication. Admit to nothing.

Comment

Working...
          X