I passed out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I passed out

One of my last deliveries on Friday about 11:30p. instuctions state LEAVE ON PORCH OK no problem. I knock a few times, call leave message and text. I wait for about 5 minutes then leave and have the order marked as undeliverable.

about an hour later I get a text (I did not see till I got home after t 1am). Sorry I passed out. The guy just texted You could not just leave it on the porch?

Ok this is wrong on a couple of levels. one the food will be ice cold by the time the guy woke up. second we are in the middle of summer and the critters (insect and other) are VERY active.

You have to be kidding me!!!! my head hurt
    Last edited by Racket_Man; 08-09-2021, 04:26 AM.
    I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
    -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

My personal favorites back in my pizza-man days were the ones who decided to jump into the shower AFTER placing their order and not making sure someone else was in the house to answer the door. Worse: At one place, they actually DID take that precaution, but the one free person was a guy who "refused to answer the door, ever." I think I'll give first prize to the one who took her kid out for a stroll after ordering. She did not return until after I had come back (still wasn't there) AND returned to the store -- in other words, long after the delivery window had closed (e.g. if we had quoted 20~30 minutes, she came back after 45). Naturally, she saw this as my fault.
    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

I remember having to break out my big 6-cell MagLight (yes, 6 D-cell batteries in a line. Long and heavy) to knock on a few doors loud enough to get some of these knuckleheads' attention. This would be AFTER attempts to knock normally, then with the smaller Maglight. For some reason, even loud parties took notice of that long monster. *BOOM BOOM BOOM*

Comment

Our veteran drivers always went around with MagLites heavy and tough enough to be used as a self-defense weapon and bright enough to turn midnight into noon.
        "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
        "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
        "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
        "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
        "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)

Comment

I have never had a flashlight like that but I might if I were delivering. Doesn't everyone know that the pizza will be there in about half an hour? Why can't they just wait?
          "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
            Our veteran drivers always went around with MagLites heavy and tough enough to be used as a self-defense weapon and bright enough to turn midnight into noon.
            I have had one since I started delivering. the newer LED ones are GREAT. I have a flashlight not a weapon

Quoth Food Lady View Post
            I have never had a flashlight like that but I might if I were delivering. Doesn't everyone know that the pizza will be there in about half an hour? Why can't they just wait?

drunk sleepy high AF insert other reasons

Comment

Oh, yeah; there's that.
              "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

They also found it useful in sketchier neighborhoods as a way to scare off people who looked like they were getting too close to their cars Shining the light straight into their eyes worked wonders.

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
                  When I delivered pizza, I always carried one after dark. Even had a belt loop for it, procured from a police/security outfitter company, the same kind the police use.

Reason was, part of our 'delivery zone' included a fairly rough neighborhood. That Mag saved my ass on two occasions. I quit delivering for that restaurant shortly after the second. I'm sure there are jobs worth that kind of risk. Pizza delivery isn't one of them.

Comment

The worst part for my old store back home was this: We were in a pretty decent area, good access to our customers, and just far enough away from a really, really bad area that our drivers could refuse to go their on our own discretion, especially after dark. For pizza delivery veterans, it was one of those areas that "only Domino's will deliver to" (we, generally, did not). The one time a ("tough guy") driver took a run there, he was mugged at gunpoint before he so much as found the address; he got away with only minor injuries and they completely blacklisted the area after that.

Apparently, a few years after I had moved on, the jewelry shop next door wanted to expand, so they bought out our lease and our store moved...to a strip mall ACROSS THE STREET from said bad area. That made it effectively impossible to refuse deliver there. I feel sorry for the drivers at that location x.x

Comment

Quoth Racket_Man View Post
                      drunk sleepy high AF insert other reasons
                      Or just stupid.

Comment

And it's not a "limit 1" situation. Multiple could apply.
                        "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

Quoth Seanette View Post
                          And it's not a "limit 1" situation. Multiple could apply.
                          ohhhh so true in my experience

Comment

"One of my last deliveries on Friday about 11:30p. instuctions state LEAVE ON PORCH OK no problem. I knock a few times, call leave message and text. I wait for about 5 minutes then leave and have the order marked as undeliverable.

Ok this is wrong on a couple of levels. one the food will be ice cold by the time the guy woke up. second we are in the middle of summer and the critters (insect and other) are VERY active."

The instructions said to leave it on the porch, so why didn't you do that? It's not your concern on whether the order gets cold or critters get into the food. The customer asked you to do it.

Comment

Working...
                            X