*ewwwww*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *ewwwww*

Yep, there's nothing quite like leaving a medical clinic with cold slime all over your torso ...

Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
    ~ Mr Hero

Who do you call?
    I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
    Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
    Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
      Who do you call?
      Never even thought of that!
      ~ Mr Hero

Comment

Tip well, so that you can get warm slime.
        Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
        Save the Ales!
        Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

Quoth csquared View Post
          Apparently that's not actually an option ...

Probably just one of them Big Pharma scams to make you even more miserable than you already were.
          ~ Mr Hero

Comment

Quoth csquared View Post
            No way ! I know where warm slime comes from, so I reserve it for customers that want me to pull something out of my ass.
            "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Your place may not have it, but warm slime definitely is an option. I don't advise it though, it smells even weirder when it's warmed up and usually "warm" is a euphemism for "we rested the tube on a boiler plate"... Doesn't come off any easier, and still ends up feeling cold & sticky!
              This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
              I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

Quoth Pixelated View Post
                Yep, there's nothing quite like leaving a medical clinic with cold slime all over your torso ...

....especially when you only went in to have your broken thumb examined...
                The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

Oh unbridled joy, I'm going to go through this on Tuesday it seems. Will report back on which one I get.
                  This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
                  I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

Quoth RealUnimportant View Post
                    Oh unbridled joy, I'm going to go through this on Tuesday it seems. Will report back on which one I get.
                    It is fun, ain't it ...

UPDATE on this (you men don't have to read it ...)

Over the past 2 or 3 days, I've had a rash absolutely explode over much of my torso ... including on the areas that suffered the cold slime. Called my doctor to make an appointment; she said "Go to ER; I don't like the way this is spreading."

Me:

So off I go. I mean, what better way to spend my third day off work, right ...
                    (I didn't ask for it; it's just how the schedule turned out.)

Last time I went to ER, I was there for 12 hours. This time I was out in less than half of that.

My doctor had been worried that the original symptoms sounded like something called Paget's Disease, which is a form of breast cancer.

ER doctor says the original problem was - is -- a fungal infection. So ... I'm moldy ...?

The new problem is ... impetigo.

Me: "So it's not breast cancer?"

ER doctor (stares): "What? No! Who told you it was breast cancer??"

Me: "Er ... um ..."

(I didn't want to tell the ER doctor it was my family physician, and possibly make my family physician sound like a blooming idiot.)

So I came home staggering under a truckload of drugs (including STEROIDS) and, interestingly, both my family doctor and the ER doctor did have one piece of advice in common: Don't cover the affected areas.

Wellnow. It is legal in Ontario for women to go topless in public but that's not something I've ever wanted to try. Also, I'm pretty sure it would be just a wee bit problematic at my store ...

Also, I clearly should've made more of a push to get those living room curtains up.
                    ~ Mr Hero

Comment

...Also, I clearly should've made more of a push to get those living room curtains up.
                      If it was me the health department would be trying to solve the mystery of the mass defenestrations from the facing high-rise...
                      I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                      Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                      Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Please note, Impetigo is EXTREMELY contagious. You should not be out in public. That should eliminate some of that topless issue. If your weren't washing your hands enough due to Covid...

Also,you may want to contact the clinic that slimed you. They may now have other infected patients.

One more thing...
                        As you mentioned topless, Kit should be along shortly. (you should know better by now)
                        Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
                        Save the Ales!
                        Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

Wellnow. It is legal in Ontario for women to go topless in public but that's not something I've ever wanted to try. Also, I'm pretty sure it would be just a wee bit problematic at my store ...
                          On one hand, you'd probably be in more trouble for being out of uniform than anything else. On the other hand, this is the perfect time to get a second name badge; you could then use them as pasties!

Comment

Someone called my name? I would have been here earlier but I had to wait for this thread to be fumigated and quarantined...

I knew about the legal to be topless in Ontario before. Serious question I was pondering-is there an age limit on this-wouldn't there be problems with other laws if under 16s were going out with breasts exposed in a public area?
                            The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

Quoth Kit-Ginevra View Post
                              I knew about the legal to be topless in Ontario before. Serious question I was pondering-is there an age limit on this-wouldn't there be problems with other laws if under 16s were going out with breasts exposed in a public area?
                              Back when the law was passed under 16s didn't have breasts worth ogling. Times have changed.
                              "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Working...
                              X