Where I vanished to

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where I vanished to

This is just to let you all know that my laptop broke almost 3 weeks ago, and I have no other computer or means of replacing it. You get to use library computers for 30 minutes, so, this is the best I can do at this time.

How I miss almost all of you.
    Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Almost all of us ...

Sorry to hear about your computer biting the dust and looking forward to seeing your posts whenever you can manage to pop in.
    Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
    ~ Mr Hero

Comment

Aw, I'm sorry. I am glad I have a backup laptop. It's wonky but it works.
      "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

It's good to see you here! I hope you can get another laptop soon.

Comment

Dang about the limited access. If you aren't in a position to buy another laptop, have you looked at tablets? While they are pretty limited, they do allow you to browse the web and can be bought new for under 50 bucks, so a used one shouldn't be very much.

Comment

So sorry. Since this post didn't get much attention, I didn't think to end it. My brother has temporarily lent me one of his repair computers. He used to repair computers for people and this is one of his reserves. Mind you, it's only lent. But it's better than nothing.

Comment

I'm glad you are back online. I might not say much to you, but please do know that your posts are valued. I could probably manage to acquire a tablet for you if it is needed in the future.

Comment

(slight digression to wave at Slave) Nice to see you here too.
                "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

Quoth Seanette View Post
                  (slight digression to wave at Slave) Nice to see you here too.
                  Waves back, good to see you too!

Now that I'm not in retail, I don't post often. I do read a couple of times a week and have no idea how I missed Kristev's post before. They really are one of my favorite posters because of the kindness they always show.

Comment

Oh my. That certainly caught me by surprise. As for tablets, I know nothing about them and have no experience with them. Laptops, I understand enough. Desktops, too, though I am rusty. Tablets are something I don't understand.

Comment

Tablets are small, limited laptops without keyboards or mouse but a better battery. They can't be used for real gaming, but you can use them for arcade games that are designed for tablets.

You can go online, surf the web, post here and watch videos. Because of their limitations, they are fairly inexpensive. The one I'm using to post this is a couple of years old and cost fifty bucks brand new, so the price has probably dropped a few bucks since then.

If your brother is willing to repair a tablet with a cracked screen for you, I'll send you one right away!

Comment

Working...
                      X