Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

About my inheritance (whenever it shows up)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Tanasi View Post
    My gandmother passed 18 years ago and her estate is still open. An uncle refuses to settle for an equal share, he thinks he deserves half. My Dad estate was settled in two months and would have been sooner if the judge allowed it. Dad and Mom had their ducks in a row.
    Can this not be settled in court as needed?

Comment

Quoth Mental_Mouse View Post
      Can this not be settled in court as needed?
      That Uncle lives out of state, oddly his daughter lived with us during his first two years of collage. As of now of the six siblings only four remain. The two oldest tried for years to force a judge to settle it but with that brother being out of state and wouldn't accept or sign for any official mail so the judge couldn't proceed. I mentioned this to my Mom and she said it's all a moot now there's nothing left, the attorney's got it all not that there was much. Her only real asset was her house and it wasn't worth much.
      A friend's parents put all of their assets into a family corporate trust, with the parents owning all the shares except each of their kids had one share. When his parents passed their share went over to the children. That estate was settled very very quick. The kids later dissolved the trust and took their money and went their own ways. When they did that all eight kids became instant multi-millionaires. Three of them pissed it away with drugs. My friend has managed to really grow his part. He pretty much retired at 50, he just manages a his residential and commercial properties.
      Bow down before me for I am ROOT

Preserving precious bodily fluids sine 1952

Comment

Quoth Tanasi View Post
        As of now of the six siblings only four remain. The two oldest tried for years to force a judge to settle it but with that brother being out of state and wouldn't accept or sign for any official mail so the judge couldn't proceed. I mentioned this to my Mom and she said it's all a moot now there's nothing left, the attorney's got it all not that there was much. Her only real asset was her house and it wasn't worth much.
        Someone get this guy a copy of Bleak House.
        I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
        -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Working...
        X