This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A week into my new job!

I'm a week into my new job, and so far I'm loving it!

Sure, it's at a gas station and it's minimum wage, but the feeling of peace more than makes up for everything. And I will be getting regular raises too! People who have seen me since I left my last job have commented on how much better I'm looking due to the lack of stress. I'm smiling a LOT more and I can actually sleep at night without worrying about getting yelled at by HOM or being thrown under the bus by her.

I'm also finding that I want to actually do stuff again! Not just going to and from work and then sitting in front of my nerdbox for hours while not really doing much of anything. I actually spend more time away from my computer than I ever used to in the past! Going for walks just for the heck of it hasn't been a thing for years, but now if the weather is nice I'm at least going for a trek around the block. And I've started back drafting sewing patterns for my cosplayer kid, with the plan to make a few items for myself

I have already started budgeting for the fact that my pay is lower, and I know that no longer taking a taxi twice a day and spending at least $10 a day on food will certainly help a great deal. I've got a bus pass and I no longer hate taking the bus because I know I'm going to a job where I feel comfortable. I figure that I spent about $40 a day between taxi rides and take-out, which is really ridiculous when you think about it. And because I'm fairly busy at work now, always moving and doing something, I don't have time to eat out of boredom like I was doing before. I eat when I need to because of my diabetes, and that's pretty much it.

It's hard to believe that in a week I am already feeling and seeing so much positive change, but it just goes to show just how awful my job with Suckitas really was.

Great news! Long may it last!
    "Bring me knitting!" (The Doctor - not the one you were expecting)

Comment

That’s wonderful!

Comment

I'm so happy for you. Being in a bad situation can just ruin your entire life (I don't mean the entire duration of your life, but every aspect of it until you escape). It's amazing how much BAD we can put up with without even realizing the impact it's having.
        GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

Glad it's working out for you. I sometimes think leaving a bad job is almost like leaving a bad relationship: you don't realize just how bad it was until you're gone.
          Question authority, but raise your hand first. -Alan M. Bershowitz

Comment

I know exactly how you feel. My new job has had much the same effect on me, in spite of a few bad apples. I'm happy for you.

Don't waste time trying to convince someone that the sky is blue.

Comment

Working...
            X