Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Three in one shift (as usual long winded)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Three in one shift (as usual long winded)

Either forgetting vital information or just plain "DO YOU JUST NOT GET IT?????? Friggin THREE in one shift

My kingdom for a number

We get an internet order to a local hotel. no big deal here EXCEPT the order is missing one VERY important piece of information: A ROOM NUMBER

Thankfully they included a (I assume) a cell number on the order. Since this is the next order up and I am first in line I try and call the number. Pops into voice mail. Leave a standard message about confirming an order from this number and we need a room number to deliver the order.

Thank whatever deity we are not busy at the moment so I wait a bit. No return call so this being the hotel that is right behind us I figure that the desk personel can be of some assistance. So I grab the order and go to the hotel. The desk people look up the name with no results. OK try the number again. again voice mail and message and then I head back to the store.

I grab another order and deliver it. When I get back about 20 or so minutes later I answer the phone. It is a customer inquiring about a delivery. I get the phone number and immediately know this is the order to the hotel. I explain to the person what happened and get the room number. Since I am up first I run the order up to the hotel.

They were waiting in the lobby and I got a decent tip.

Drunk and passed out again

My last run of the night is to another hotel. I arrive at the hotel and proceed to the room. Now the time on the clock on the wall says 1:30am. I knock on the proper door and wait. No answer. I knock a little louder this time and wait. NO answer.

OK time to hit the front desk. I ask the desk clerks to check to see if John Smith is registered in Room 113. They verify that he is indeed the person registered to that room. I ask them to call the room. NO answer.

Dead end run

NOT sure what to call this

Around 10:55pm we get an order. SInce we were semi-busy at the time a 45 minute delivery time is quoted (delivery time ETA is 11:40pm).

I get the order and proceed to the address. This is a house I have not delivered to before but this customer has ordered once before. I knock on the front door and wait. No answer. I knock again and wait. No answer.

I return to my car and call the number on the ticket. The time is 11:24pm. Goes to voice mail. I leave my standard message about confirming an order placed and confirming the address etc.

Usually the customer will call back fairly shortly. I wait for a few minutes and with no call-back I call again. Voice mail again. Well you had your chance. The time is now 11:29pm. I leave my standard message that I am again calling to confirm
    that an order was placed from this number, confirm the address and if they would like their order delivered to please call the Red Roof Pizza place at 123-4567.

Call the store to let them know the situation and head back to the store. I go out on a couple of more runs.

Around 12:05am the MOD takes a call from someone wondering where their order was. Yes you guessed it ---- it is the above customer who wants to know where there order was. The MOD explains the situation to them as in we are busy and delivery time at this time is still 45 minutes. They still want the order BUT NOW they will come pick it up from the store. NO problem says the MOD and even offers to make their order fresh and have it ready in 15-20 minutes.

OK the customer still gets their order and at least I get credit for the dead end run AND you think it would end there.

WELL you would be wrong my friends as one look at the name of this site would suggest.

Now we are still kinda busy so I am in and out of the store for the next 45 minutes or so. It is around 1am and the customer STILL has not picked up their order. As with any weird situation guess who calls in right at that moment.

The customer wondering where their order is. The MOD again takes the call and explains that he understood that they wanted to PICK UP their order at the store NOT have it delivered. NO WE wanted it delivered. MOD explains they specifically indicated pickup and the order was here and ready.

At this point I am having much trouble NOT ROTFLMAO in the background.

They finally agree to do the order as PICK UP and I leave on the run described in the 2d story above.

I arrive back at the store around 1:35 with the dead end run and inquire if the customer has "finally" picked up their order. NOPE.

They eventually picked the order up around 1:50am.
    I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
    -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

When I order a pizza, I stay where I am, make sure I'm dressed to be seen in public, and have my money ready. Oftentimes I'll go downstairs to meet the driver so s/he doesn't have to come up. But then, I appreciate someone taking the time/gas to bring me my dinner.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

At least the first SC didn't appear to Blargle!! about their pizza and didn't stiff you for "being late".

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
        , make sure I'm dressed to be seen in public,
        maybe im just a hippy. Maybe i am hardened from once being a delievery driver. Or maybe im a nudiest waiting to happen. But i usually answer the door in a nighty...

Comment

Depending on your level of attractiveness*,the driver isn't going to be too bothered whether you're being a nudist as long as you're there to trade pizza for money.

*As always,Sod's law dictates that the more unappealing the personal's appearance,the more likely they are to be going nude.Driver may not be happy to receive money that has been fished out of various nude crevices...
          The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

Quoth Racket_Man View Post
            I ask them to call the room. NO answer. Dead end run
            Please tell me these poor little pizza orphans get a loving home when they are abandoned like this.

Quoth Sliceanddice View Post
            But i usually answer the door in a nighty...
            "I always thought these letters were made up until today...."

I actually had a very nice looking co-ed do this when I delivered for a sandwich place. She got the raised eyebrows, but duty called and no dalliance ensued. Seriously, the number of things that would have to line up perfectly for this to ever work out (for the driver and/or the deliveree) probably makes it a pretty rare fantasy-come-true.

Comment

hey once i answered the door in my dressing gown, unbuttoned and held together with my left hand. the delivery guys never care, usually they like to chat with me a bit cause ill say something like 'i'm so sorry you had to deliver int he rain i swear it wasnt raining when i ordered. i know how unfun that can be!'

Comment

So far I've never had pizza or other food delivered by a guy that I'd WANT to see me semi-dressed. Not quite sure about the guy who said, "Bye, mama!" as he was leaving...
                When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

hey once i answered the door in my dressing gown,
                  OK I'm in first....

I didn't realize there was a door in my dressing gown
                  The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

Quoth Kit-Ginevra View Post
                    I didn't realize there was a door in my dressing gown
                    Every suit of armor made has just one little kink: Chain-mail pants with a missing link,
                    I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                    Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                    Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

sms - Have no fear. Those poor, helpless orphaned pizzas are normally given warm, loving *uuurp* homes by the staff back at the pizza joint in short order.
                      "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                      "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                      "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                      "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                      "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                      "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                      Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                      "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
                        given warm, loving *uuurp* homes by the staff back at the pizza joint in short order.
                        Yeah, it used to be that way everywhere I'd worked, but I did it (delivery) again a few years ago after a decades long hiatus and it wasn't so at the new place. Management seemed to feel that that made it too easy for those horrible thieving drivers to STEAL (by having friends call in and disappear) so they all got written out and trashed.

I just couldn't remember if that kind of policy is in place at Racket's place or not.

Comment

It never fails to amaze me the number of stories here about people ordering take-out and leaving a callback number, only to NOT answer that number, or if its a cell, its turned off or they ignore it and it goes to voicemail.
                          The large print giveth, and the small print taketh away.

Comment

maybe im just a hippy. Maybe i am hardened from once being a delievery driver. Or maybe im a nudiest waiting to happen. But i usually answer the door in a nighty...
                            hey once i answered the door in my dressing gown, unbuttoned and held together with my left hand. the delivery guys never care, usually they like to chat with me a bit cause ill say something like 'i'm so sorry you had to deliver int he rain i swear it wasnt raining when i ordered. i know how unfun that can be!'
                            after almost 10 years doing delivery it really does not phase me any more. I have seen very nice females in some very nice skimpy things, I have seen females nude, and a few regular underware models. I have seen old ladies in almost nothing , we did have a customer named Naked Guy, I have seen more hanging ball sacks, ginormous naked beer guts plus enough moobs, etc.
                            I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
                            -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

My Dad owned a tv repair business. He told stories about women answering the door in just their underwear.
                              "They gave me a badge with my name on it. In case I forget who I am." Dr Who - Closing Time

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." Adam Savage-Mythbusters

Comment

Working...
                              X