This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The mighty banhammer is wielded - long

A little background, first. At the petrol station, we have in the past banned people for life from the store, but it takes SCness of a particular caliber to earn you a clout from the banhammer. Verbal and/or physical abuse will do it, as will any form of theft. While I've been here, until now only one person was banhammered for verbal abuse; a nasty, obnoxious SC who made me cry with his viciousness. This story is not about him, but from a pair of SCs who where, if possible, even worse. I have waited to tell the story cuz I wanted to wait for the exciting conclusion to occurr. This has now happened, and here is the epic trilogy in full.

SC Wars - A New Dope.

The first part of the trilogy begins a few months ago, during an unusually busy day at the petrol station. The Sea Creature's Home petrol station down the road was closed that day, and also, every single person within a five mile radius had decided simultaniously to come to our petrol station to fill their car up. The queue stretched down the road to the car park and Cecy and I were working nonstop to serve all the customers in the never ending queue inside the kiosk. Martin, the second manager, was out back doing paperwork which couldn't be left. Enter the SCs; Bitch From Hell and her offspring, Bitch Daughter.

BFH obviously felt herself to be far too speshul to wait in line with the other customers, so instead of joining on the end of the massive queue, she drove up the ramp surrounding the forecourt and plonked her giant SUV on to a pump, facing the wrong way. Both Cecy and I had seen her do this, and we were determined not to reward her queue jumping antics and authorise her pump. So we sat at our tills, serving customers and ignoring BFH's frantic efforts to try and get our attention, from her amazing windmill impression to BD's toots on the horn. Eventually, both of them tired of their efforts and decided to come inside the kiosk to remonstrate with us in person. And that's when the fight started.

BFH: Turn our pump on! We've been waiting for hours!
    Me: I'm sorry, but you came in the wrong way and jumped the queue.
    BFH: Who cares? We're in a hurry. Turn my pump on!
    Me: Please go to the back of the queue. I'm not going to authorise your pump, cuz you pushed in and it wouldn't be fair to all the customers waiting their turn.
    BFH: I don't give a shit about them! I'm in a hurry. You have to turn my pump on!
    Me: I'm not going to.
    BFH: Rude bitch! Get me your manager!

Cecy went out back to get Martin, while I resumed serving customers. The queue was getting even longer, cuz of the altercation between us and the SCs. While Cecy went to get Martin, BFH, ignoring the fact that I was serving another customer, shouted at me, "You'll be sorry now! He'll take my side and then I'm going to get you fired!"

Yeah, right, bitch. Martin is the one who told us to ignore queue jumpers in the first place!

Martin comes out, Cecy goes back to her till to serve, BFH gets in his face and starts screaming about how I refused to turn her pump on. I tell Martin that BFH not only jumped the queue, but also drove up the side, which is dangerous. Martin tells BFH that she has to join the back of the queue. BFH is NOT happy. She then starts screeching like a fishwife at Martin, flailing her arms around. Martin tells her to leave. She responds by taking a swing at him. Martin jumps back in time, so the punch doesn't connect, but he's mad now. He tells her that if she doesn't leave right now, he'll call the police. BFH storms out, along with BD. Martin turns to Cecy and I and says, "She's banned. If she comes back here, call security." We go back to serving customers.

SC Wars - The Petrol Station Strikes Back.

One thing I've noticed in SCs is that a lot of them think that we don't mean what we say when we hit back at them with bans, refusal to serve, involving security or the police etc. Or, if we do go to those measures, that after a day or so we'll realise that we didn't really want to lose their custom and will drop it all. Thing is, we would far rather lose a customer who's rude, violent and/or abusive, rather than put up with their shit. We do have a nice, shiny sign up stating that any customer who hurls abuse at us will end up being banhammered, so we're perfectly within our rights to permanently bar these people from ever coming back.

BFH didn't agree. I wasn't working on the day when she decided to make her return, but Summer, who was working at the time with Lucy, told me all about it. They had been briefed by Martin who had saved a pic from the cameras of both BFH and BD, as well as the registration of their SUV, and told that if they see the car or the SCs, that these customers are not to be served. BFH turned up with her SUV, this time coming in the correct way, and picked up a pump. Summer and Lucy didn't turn the pump on, with Lucy going outside to tell BFH that she was banned and we weren't going to serve her. BFH responded with abuse; again she had to be threatened with the police to get her to leave.

She apparently came back on foot later on, after Summer had gone home and Jess was on with Lucy. The security guard had to be called over to remove her, and Jess and Lucy decided to email Martin and tell him about it. Obviously, like many an erring forumer who has been banhammered here by Raps, BFH didn't want to leave quietly and was going to continue trying to return. Martin decided to call the police and register a complaint.

SC Wars - Return Of The Bitch Daughter.

Remember BD, who was with her mother at the time of the first incident? Well, she was just as bad as her mother. Altho she left the swearing and attempts at physical violence to her mother, she obviously approved of her mother's actions and was banhammered along with her. She didn't return to the petrol station, however, til after the police complaint had been registered. She was shocked to the back teeth when she realised that we weren't going to serve her, and that the ban included her, and began to swear and scream. I told her in no uncertain terms that unless she left, I would call the police. She refused to leave and Martin called the police.

BD was just as stupid as her mother, cuz she didn't leave the petrol station til she was taken out by the police. We haven't seen either BFH or BD since, and hope that now the banhammering has finally sunk in. We still have their pictures and car details; if either of them turn up, the police will come and remove them, as they are now logged as troublemakers. XD
    People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
    My DeviantArt.

I am so glad to hear the banhammer was well and truly used here!

Quoth Lace Neil Singer View Post
    One thing I've noticed in SCs is that a lot of them think that we don't mean what we say when we hit back at them with bans, refusal to serve, involving security or the police etc. Or, if we do go to those measures, that after a day or so we'll realise that we didn't really want to lose their custom and will drop it all. Thing is, we would far rather lose a customer who's rude, violent and/or abusive, rather than put up with their shit. We do have a nice, shiny sign up stating that any customer who hurls abuse at us will end up being banhammered, so we're perfectly within our rights to permanently bar these people from ever coming back.
    There's real wisdom here, I just wish more stores realized that and do the same...

Comment

People are so bloody vile. It wouldn't surprise me, or bother me, if they keeled over and died from a heart attack or a ruptured artery, because sorry but that amount of anger isn't natural.

Comment

Quoth eltf177 View Post

There's real wisdom here, I just wish more stores realized that and do the same...
        Same here; luckily, where I work, the people in charge realise that happy staff is a good thing, and no SC is worth retaining if they're attacking staff, no matter how much money they spend. I wish stores would get that if they keep their staff safe and happy, they'll get more in the long run as they're always going to retain staff without having to do retraining every couple of months as people leave.
        People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
        My DeviantArt.

Comment

Not to mention that a lot of GOOD customers are reluctant to shop somewhere where abusive behavior and tantrums get rewarded, since that makes for a considerably less pleasant atmosphere for the civilized adult.
          "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

Hooray for the BanHammer! I'd be tempted to come work for you folks if it didn't involve a prohibitively expensive move across the ocean...

Love the Star Wars parody titles. Pity you don't have an actual working lightsaber to drive the point home!
            I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
            My LiveJournal
            A page we can all agree with!

Comment

This is awesome! We never have 2 cashiers working at the same time where I work. There's only one employee left to deal with all the customers. If we ban someone they come right back because they know that we have no backup.

Comment

Working...
              X