Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If we suck so much feel free to leave.

So it's Saturday and we're busy, but things are moving relatively fast. We did have a new girl (her 3rd day) and a couple other cutters who tend to make basic mistakes. Again, we were still doing well, because there were a whopping four cutters. This is really good for the summer.

Anyway, I start to hear this conversation between a man and woman who were shopping together. Here's some of it:

They're always so slow. And when they call a number they only do it once and you better be right there or they skip you. And they never sign anything right. I never get the right price. They go on so many breaks, and just leave. No one cares around here.

And I'm helping someone else at this time, and am so distracted that I can barely function. And when their number is called, suddenly they both act super nice and normal. You wouldn't have guessed that two seconds before, they were freaking insulting all of us. Arg. If you think that, GO AWAY. YOU SUCK. YOU'RE MAKING ME TYPE IN CAPS.
    Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Nothing aggravates me more than sucktomers insulting employees within obvious earshot.

Comment

You know what, while it's nice if you do call the number more than once, you shouldn't have to. The customer SHOULD be "right there". I hate those idiots who take a number and then wander off. Inevitably they come back AFTER their number has been called, and then bitch because they missed their chance.
      When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

There are a couple of customers like this at my store, they complain about how our prices are too high and how we're always trying to cheat people out of money, that (competitive store) is way better. They always complain that we suck so much but keep coming back, nobody's holding a gun to your head dude if you don't like it leave and go to the other stores you keep talking about!
        ......../\
        ....../__\
        ..../\...../\
        ../__\../__\

Comment

Quoth notalwaysright View Post
          "They're always so slow. And when they call a number they only do it once and you better be right there or they skip you. And they never sign anything right. I never get the right price. They go on so many breaks, and just leave. No one cares around here."

And I'm helping someone else at this time, and am so distracted that I can barely function. And when their number is called, suddenly they both act super nice and normal. You wouldn't have guessed that two seconds before, they were freaking insulting all of us.
          I get those type of customers far too often. Freaking passive-aggressive jerks. Wish we could turn it around on them and mutter to our coworkers, "These customers are always so slow. And they won't come up when you call their number, then they complain that they were 'skipped'. And they never read the signs or the prices on the bolts, and they can't figure out how to work the price check machines. They won't let us have our legally-established breaks or leave when it's the end of our shift. No one cares around here!"
          I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
          My LiveJournal
          A page we can all agree with!

Comment

There's a handful of service customers we get that are the same way.

Every suggested repair is an attempt to upsell...

Every price quote is a rip-off....

Every repair is (in their opinion) substandard, yet, they haven't the skill to do it themselves...

Every thing that goes wrong with their car at any point in the future, from flat tires to burnt-out headlights is the fault of that one oil change we did for them 8 years ago.... because THEY certainly didn't touch anything since then!

Every single bill is disputed

Every single charge is fought

Not an interaction goes by where we aren't threatened with the BBB, Lawyers, legislators, famines, locusts....

And time after time after time... they come back in for more of that lousy service?

You nailed it, it has GOT to be deliberate passive- aggressiveness.
            - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

I thought the extra annoying passive-aggressive part was when they switched to being nice as soon as they had to interact with an employee. But yeah, it is pretty common, and I worry that someday I'll snap and tell them where they can go.

Sometimes I get someone who exclaims over a price "wow, I could get it for x at *wherever*!" And they are floored when I say "that is a good price!" and just smile at them. Unless they have proof of the competitor's sale price, we don't just randomly change our prices.
              Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

Quoth Monterey Jack View Post
                Nothing aggravates me more than sucktomers insulting employees within obvious earshot.
                I hate that. When I worked in Land of Quid, I'd hear people saying that the staff here are always so rude and they don't really expect any better because we're a pound shop. So I was always SUPER polite to them lol. Once, I was like that (said hello, smiled all the way through, wished them a nice day, the whole bloody lot. The woman just grunted, said thanks under her breath and then said to her friend, "See what I mean?" I was like wow... She'd already judged me for working in a pound shop and nothing I said or did after was going to alter her perceptions of me. I'm so glad I'm out of there.

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
                  They won't let us have our legally-established breaks or leave when it's the end of our shift.
                  So much THIS. I heard some woman complain once that I was allowed to go on break. The sucktomer was next in line and the supervisor came over and turned off the light, telling me to go on break after taking care of the sucktomer. It's not like she and hubs were turned away, but they still complained that the sup turned off the light. Well, how else do you close a lane?? Leave the light on and then turn people away? I was outside on my break when I heard it, and wanted to say something to them soooo badly, but I did not want the hassle. If I'd been off the clock and leaving, I would have.
                  "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Working...
                  X