Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Am I jumping to erroneous conclusions .. ?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Am I jumping to erroneous conclusions .. ?

Just got an email from my brother.
    Subject line: "What's new"
    Body of email: he just talked to sister about her pending move ...

So there's a definite possibility I'm seeing offence where none is meant, but I'm thinking he's bugging me AGAIN about MY future move, and I'm getting pissed off. I'm working 21 days straight with no days off; I've been trying to beat a "bug" (it seems to be FINALLY going away; all I've got now is an occasional coughing fit), and I'm trying to get my Christmas parcels out (fitting that around both jobs ...) I'm having trouble even finding apartments because hey! People generally don't move in the winter, unless they have to! And they CERTAINLY don't move around Christmas unless they have to! And a lot of places that I've contacted have never returned my call or email, which seems odd, as they've all indicated they DO have an available unit.

Etcetera, etcetera, etcetera.

Also ... he's a guy. This is not something he normally does -- sends an email just to say "Wassup?"

Being rather pissed off, I'm thinking about just ignoring the email.

Thoughts? AM I being paranoid and surly?
    Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
    ~ Mr Hero

Tell him the holiday season's too busy, about how you've got 3 weeks straight scheduled, and you'll work on it after that. Leave it at that.

I should also mention that, a good response to someone who's being passive aggressive - especially if you're not sure that's what they're being - is to give a straight, light-hearted response as if you totally missed the aggressiveness. When someone trying to be passive-aggressive gets that sort of response, they tend to up the ante; keep it up, and they get really frustrated and annoyed. ^__^
    Last edited by EricKei; 12-17-2017, 04:17 AM.

Comment

Coming in late on this, but thank you, TheSHADOW,*that's what I did. Just now got an email from sis about *her* search for an apartment and how she's planning to close the deal in the next day or so, and oh, how's my search going?

I should add that sis is a Nurse Practitioner and frankly, if I could afford that level of apartment, I'd have one by now too, LOL. Anyway, I responded in the same way.

I do in fact have my eye on a place that has a good reputation, and what sounds like a really nice superintendent. The downside (a very small one, IMO) is the move-in date is March 1. But if I can get it ... my siblings can just deal with it.
      Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
      ~ Mr Hero

Comment

Working...
      X