This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, I did it

There's an affordable ownership lottery for the bordering neighborhood, and I just sealed and mailed an initial application.

I have no idea what's going to happen (my credit score is marginal and debt-to-income is ridiculous...a fair part of which is mom's doing).

Even though we'd be occupying the unit together--this rent cannot be sustained by one income--and we'd have a better chance using both of our information (I'm 'disabled', she's officially elderly; elderly get priority for affordable housing) she gave me the application the day before she went on vacation so I don't have any of her info to use (so I have to apply singly, as listing her as a household member means that I need all the information she says I don't need). Mine alone may not get past the initial screening...my current debt load (not counting the rent I pay now) is nearly twice my annual income which I'm sure doesn't look good although 2/3 of that is student loans.

*if mom is the one on the affordable-lottery list and keeps telling me that "we" are going to apply, why did she toss this in MY lap if she knows full well the only way we'll get anywhere is using BOTH incomes? ...also, if they determine that I 'omitted' anything that doesn't bode well either*
    "I am quite confident that I do exist."
    "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

My apologies, but it sounds to me like she may want a "reason" to blame YOU if the app fails. Did she know about this well ahead of time?

That being said, I'm crossing my fingers for ya!
    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

She forwarded this to me on...the day before she left I think (and two days before the deadline, so I had to rush it). We'll see if I actually get a call, and if so is she willing to stand in for me if I'm at work (which I likely will be; why do these places always say they will call during work hours when applicants are likely to be at work and can't be on their phones?).

I know she thinks I can't adult sometimes, but this is a whole new level of odd. She knows either of us alone don't have a chance, and while our combined income was "too high" for public housing, only combined will we have a chance at actually getting anywhere (and she has said this). It just feels off somehow to apply solo knowing that for this purpose, she is a household member and not disclosing could torpedo the whole thing (but she won't give me the info to do so).

Well, if the app does go through maybe she'll realize that while I started it, she does have to help or we stay exactly where we are.
      "I am quite confident that I do exist."
      "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Working...
      X