This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apartment

I have found an apartment. My mom's friend has a little studio that she rents out and offered it to me for 700 a month. I move in next weekend!

Man, California is expensive. I'm glad for you, but I'm renting a 3-bedroom mobile home (don't judge me) for about $750.
    Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, you speak with the Fraud department. -- CrazedClerkthe2nd
    OW! Rolled my eyes too hard, saw my brain. -- Seanette
    she seems to top me in crazy, and I'm enough crazy for my family. -- Cooper
    Yes, I am evil. What's your point? -- Jester

Comment

Where I live is very expensive especially for a good neighborhood. I'm lucky I make decent money and can afford it.

Comment

Quoth Deserted View Post
        Man, California is expensive. I'm glad for you, but I'm renting a 3-bedroom mobile home (don't judge me) for about $750.
        Why would we judge? I assume it's one of those manufactured homes like this https://bestofhouse.net/wp-content/u...sale_89030.jpg so you have a house for $750 which is nice. I grew up in one of those.
        "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
          Why would we judge? I assume it's one of those manufactured homes like this https://bestofhouse.net/wp-content/u...sale_89030.jpg so you have a house for $750 which is nice. I grew up in one of those.
          Even if it isn't, I wouldn't mind a mobile home if I didn't have to live in a park. I'd rather have my own land with as much space and privacy as needed. Sort of like the end of Brokeback Mountain, only I don't have kids and Jake Gyllenhall isn't my type.
          Don't waste time trying to convince someone that the sky is blue.

Comment

^ We did live in a nice park above a canyon with a pool and tennis courts and such. You had to watch out for the mountain lion family but we kids would ride bikes for hours on end. I wouldn't mind having one myself also, but with no neighbors.

Comment

My grandparents lived in a mobile home neighborhood (not a rental park, but a place where everyone owned full-size plots of land) for about 30 years.

The place where I'm living, wellllllllll........... I've seen worse. Honestly, it's not bad, really. Certainly not a slum or anything.

And no, it's not a manufactured home like that picture, it's more of a "standard" single-wide mobile home. Nice enough, better than some places that I've lived, but it's really more house than I need. My brother is staying with me for a while, but when he moves out (early next year, he sez) I'm going to find some $400/mo sh*t hole to live in. I passed on a $300/mo apt a couple years ago, and I've been kinda low-level regretting it ever since. I'll wait until summer, though. Prices will be down because the college kids and snowbirds will be gone.

(As for why I want a "$400/mo sh*t hole", the answer is always "money." )
              Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, you speak with the Fraud department. -- CrazedClerkthe2nd
              OW! Rolled my eyes too hard, saw my brain. -- Seanette
              she seems to top me in crazy, and I'm enough crazy for my family. -- Cooper
              Yes, I am evil. What's your point? -- Jester

Comment

^ We did live in a nice park above a canyon with a pool and tennis courts and such. You had to watch out for the mountain lion family but we kids would ride bikes for hours on end. I wouldn't mind having one myself also, but with no neighbors.
                I'll take the mountain lions over people any day. You always know where you stand with wild animals and as long as they don't identify you as a food source, you're golden.
                Don't waste time trying to convince someone that the sky is blue.

Comment

I'd rather live next door to the mountain lions than the idiots I live next to now
                  When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth tigger222 View Post
                    I move in next weekend!
                    Congratulations on your move. Sounds like this is an improvement.
                    I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                    -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

$700 for a studio is completely in the normal range around here, at least for pet friendly places. I pay $825 for a one bedroom.
                      Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
                        I'd rather live next door to the mountain lions than the idiots I live next to now
                        No kidding! Your posts put my problems into perspective.

Comment

Quoth notalwaysright View Post
                          $700 for a studio is completely in the normal range around here, at least for pet friendly places. I pay $825 for a one bedroom.
                          In Chicago that's, in fact, a bargain....at least in areas where you won't be wakened by heated discussion over crack quality...L's on the other hand
                          I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                          -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Quoth Deserted View Post
                            Man, California is expensive.
                            You have no idea....

In my city, a one-bedroom apartment averages about $2500 per month. A place about 1.5 miles from me sold a few months ago for $800K over its asking price. (Made headlines around the world!) A house a couple blocks away is currently listed for $2.8M....

It's nice having a lot of high-paying tech jobs in the area, but it sure does lead to significant inflation!!
                            “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged.
                            One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world.
                            The other, of course, involves orcs." -- John Rogers

Comment

Working...
                            X