This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm not that drunk

So with all going on, new guns are impossible to get unless you're a big shop.
    So I've been getting a lot of used guns and flipping them. (reminder I am a lic dealer)
    So I worked a deal with a guy for gun "A" He was in a hurry so he could catch a deal for something else. Ok, so I'm texting him during the 1st Pres debate and drinking...needless to say, I got hammered and was hungover the next day.
    So gun A had a laser that he said was $300 on its own ...it was but after I see it in person I see it was a package deal from the maker. So in the end, I overpaid about $50.
    Meh.. I told him ok and I'll honor it plus it was cool I might keep it or I think I could still make my $ cause anything with a trigger is in demand.
    So I sit on it a few weeks, shoot it once, it is nice, and sit on it some more so my wife can try it.

He calls me, he really misses gun A would I still have it and would I do a trade?
    I say sure $ is king but if I can make money on the trade also sure..
    So he says how about $100 and gun "B". Gun B is worth about the same as A +100 sure.
    Here's the suck- he wants me to give him A plus 100 for B.
    Yea going to have to say no on that. I'm not drunk this time. I offer an even trade still not the best but not bad. He goes back and forth and says ok we can do that.
    GREAT! I say I'll mark it sold when does he what to pick it up?
    Cue hemming and hawing ahhs and umms.
    Dude you said you would take it. ahhh don't mark it I'll let you know in 3 days...
    OK you know I'm not going to sucker..fuck you then.
    I posted on a big gun forum and it sold in 20min and I made what I wanted. I really liked texting him a hour later too bad.
    AkaiKitsune
    Sarcasm dear, sarcasm. I’m well aware that dealing with civilians in any capacity will skin your faith in humanity alive, then pickle anything that remains so as to watch it shrivel up into an immortal husk thus reminding you of how dead inside you now are.

Demand

This seems to be in a number of your posts. For some reason some people does not want to admit the market has changed.

Two years ago I bet some guns would take days, weeks or even a few months to sell, but today it seems everyone who is into guns, wants them.

At no time has the saying, "You snooze, you lose." been more true.

Comment

Speaking of gun sales...

For many years now I have seen signs in the road medians saying "We buys cars" and "We buy houses."

Last Wednesday, for the first time, I saw a sign in the road median that said, "We buy guns."

Definitely a sign of the times.
      "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

He should have waited for the next debate! (Honoring a drunk deal when sober just shows once again that you are a true man of your word.)

Hubs has been doing some gun selling and always lists that the only trade he is interested is cash for gun. Last week, someone wanted to trade weed for an AR15. Yeah, that didn't happen.

He never even has to think twice about the trades offered because he always gets what he wants in days, if not hours.

Comment

The laws of supply & demand are self-enforcing, thankfully
          This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
          I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

If I really wanted something, regardless of what that something is, and there's a limited supply of it with a dealer that has a good price, I'd jump right on that in a heartbeat. Not hem and haw over it like that.
            Eh, one day I'll have something useful here. Until then, have a cookie or two.

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
              Last Wednesday, for the first time, I saw a sign in the road median that said, "We buy guns."

Definitely a sign of the times.
              LOL I saw some random dude parked on the side of the road selling ammo like corn out the back of his car. I had cash I would of stopped.

Quoth Slave to the Phone View Post
              He should have waited for the next debate!
              Naww I wasn't going to watch it. I bruised my liver last time and it was not going to be as lively.

I figured he would hit me back a few days later to buy B but I haven't heard anything.
              AkaiKitsune
              Sarcasm dear, sarcasm. I’m well aware that dealing with civilians in any capacity will skin your faith in humanity alive, then pickle anything that remains so as to watch it shrivel up into an immortal husk thus reminding you of how dead inside you now are.

Comment

Working...
              X