X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Jester View Post
    Noted.

Any more details regarding how I might pursue this would be most appreciated, and probably rewarded with various sundry spirits.....
    The contest stuff is here:

http://www.buffalowing.com/t-Amateurcreativesauce.aspx

And the main site is here:
    http://www.buffalowing.com/default.aspx

It's a fun weekend. The Navy usually takes a booth and proceeds to try to kill people with their super-hot sauce.
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

A couple of things that were really cool at the cookoff:

I was the only person there with homemade bleu cheese dressing. I rock.

I was the only person there tossing my wings in the sauce for each individual person. In other words, I had the cooked wings in a container on my hot plate, and my sauce in my crock pot, and when someone came up with a tasting ticket, I would toss a couple wings in the mixing bowl I had brought with me, ladle in a little sauce, toss the wings, and serve them. Every other person had their wings in the sauce in their crock pot (or other container). Again...I rock.

While my wings did not place, I learned a lot, and I did a number of things I had never done before, including:

--making my own bleu cheese dressing
      --making my own wing sauce
      --making wings!
      --smoking something. I created a pretty decent smoker with a broiling pan and some soaked wood chips in the bottom of my over, with the wings over them on the top rack. The wings came out good.....

For the next wings cookoff, I am going to tinker with the wing sauce (several ideas on that), leave the blue cheese dressing the fuck alone, as its perfect, and tinker with how I cook the wings. I'm still going to smoke them, but possibly longer at a lower heat, and I may not sear them first on my grill pan. Still ain't gonna deep fry the fuckers.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
      Still A Customer."

Comment

SMOKED WINGS. Mmmmmmmmmm.............(drooooool)
        When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Working...
        X