Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2014 Christmas Card Exchange - Tallies are closed. Thanks for playing!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reminder: Only 23 days remain to sign up for the 2014 Christmas Card Exchange event!

So far, BookstoreEscapee, TawnyMyst, Aethian, bhskittykatt, EricKei, DGoddessChardonnay, Fudgethatkay, Trixie, taxguykarl, Kheldarson, KatherineB, Ironclad Alibi, Elspeth, Irving Patrick Freleigh, morgana, DaisyQueen, Monica, Sarlon, Peppergirl, ArcticChicken has joined.
    Automated Poster for the Pep Squad!

PM BookstoreEscapee, Pedersen, or one of the mods. I'm not real!

Comment

Well, apparently I'm doing it again this year... now I just need to figure out a theme... I'm open to suggestions, I've already done Hogswatch, Christmahanaqwanzica, and Yule... I'm running out of none traditional cards and I really don't want to do just another generic Christmas card.
      If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Wintereenmas? Or Festivus?

Comment

GLITTERMAS!!!! (ha....muhahah, hah)

That reminds me, I never followed through on my threat to record that song for you guys from last year. But now, I have a working mic.

And, oh yeah, thanks to a friend, I've begun gathering up some glitter-delivery ordnance...er, I mean, cards
          "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
          "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
          "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
          "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
          "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
          "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
          Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
          "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth KuariKaydrith View Post
            Wintereenmas? Or Festivus?
            Dogbert Day?
            I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
            -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Just finished the card design for this year. Hubs got a chuckle out of it. Hope y'all like it!
              Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

Reminder: Only 20 days remain to sign up for the 2014 Christmas Card Exchange event!

So far, BookstoreEscapee, TawnyMyst, Aethian, bhskittykatt, EricKei, DGoddessChardonnay, Fudgethatkay, Trixie, smileyeagle1021, taxguykarl, Kheldarson, KatherineB, Ironclad Alibi, Elspeth, Irving Patrick Freleigh, morgana, DaisyQueen, Monica, Sarlon, Peppergirl, ArcticChicken, klhanson has joined.

Comment

Quoth taxguykarl View Post
                  I had forgotten all about Dogbert day... I may just have to use that.
                  If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

just ordered my christmas cards this year...saving my poor hand and having the normal message inside preprinted rather then handwritten....sorry guys!
                    It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Comment

Reminder: Only 16 days remain to sign up for the 2014 Christmas Card Exchange event!

So far, BookstoreEscapee, TawnyMyst, Aethian, bhskittykatt, EricKei, DGoddessChardonnay, Fudgethatkay, Trixie, smileyeagle1021, taxguykarl, Kheldarson, KatherineB, Ironclad Alibi, Elspeth, Irving Patrick Freleigh, morgana, DaisyQueen, Monica, Sarlon, Peppergirl, ArcticChicken, klhanson has joined.

Comment

Reminder: Only 13 days remain to sign up for the 2014 Christmas Card Exchange event!

So far, BookstoreEscapee, TawnyMyst, Aethian, bhskittykatt, EricKei, DGoddessChardonnay, Fudgethatkay, Trixie, smileyeagle1021, taxguykarl, Kheldarson, KatherineB, Ironclad Alibi, Elspeth, Irving Patrick Freleigh, morgana, DaisyQueen, Monica, Sarlon, Peppergirl, ArcticChicken, klhanson, Eireann, fma_fanatic has joined.

Comment

The list keeps getting shorter each year. This is my fifth year to participate, and previous participation is below.

2010: 59
                          2011: 45
                          2012: 38
                          2013: 36
                          2014: 24 so far

Maybe the next two weeks will see an upswing in participation.
                          "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Yeah, it's gotten smaller. Don't know if lack of interest or lack of money...
                            I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                            I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                            It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

We're still debating whether or not we can join, we're going out of town this Christmas holiday, so don't know if we'll be in town to get the mail.

Comment

Afraid its lack of money on my part
                                I really had fun the time I participated, but being in a different country to most of the recipients means its unaffordable for me again this year.

I still have all the cards I recieved in the past though
                                Arp happens!

Just when I was getting used to yesterday, along came today.

Comment

Working...
                                X