Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Official snowfall total, 7 inches of snow under god knows how many inches of ice.

Oddly enough, just 10-15 miles north (where I work), 10 inches was the official total.

But all morning, I've heard that glorious thumping noise of snow falling off vehicles, and seeing those glorious streams of snow melting.

I just hope the roads that are still pure ice get treated. Driving is still a partial joke in some areas after this winter, I'm going to need not only new tires, but definetly new shocks and struts. This winter and all the ice and snow has done nothing but doozies on all of our vehicles.
    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

The roads in Green Bay were atrocious!!!!

The best road was Mason.

There is absolutely NO excuse for how the roads look.
      Unseen but seeing
      oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
      There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
      3rd shift needs love, too
      RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

All day yesterday I kept thinking, "Where are the plows??"
        "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Quoth Becks View Post
          The roads in Green Bay were atrocious!!!!

The best road was Mason.

There is absolutely NO excuse for how the roads look.
          try driving 130 miles in one shift and 90 miles on the next over the choppy bumpy, ice potholes, snowblower showers and 5 foot drifts.

and that is NOT counting the plowing attempts during the course of the night. fun stuff coming up suddenly upon a 3 or 4 foot plow "pile" at a corner and street is blocked by said pile.

Mason on my side of town sucked until this morning when the sun melted most of the crap on the main streets.

I swear I am going to have to get my front end aligned AGAIN (after having it done just last Oct.)

Oh and yesterday 5 minutes before i was ready to leave for work they FINALLY plowed my street, leaving not only a 3 or 4 foot plow pile in my driveway BUT the driver did not even come close to the curb and left a 5 or 6 foot gap inbetween the curb and where he plowed.. that will go over great when school restarts on Monday and the studetns park their cars WAAAAYYY out in the middle of the street.
          Last edited by Racket_Man; 03-25-2011, 08:19 AM.
          I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
          -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

I only went out yesterday because I needed a mouse for my laptop...and that the MOTH® needed to pick up his various drugs.

Looking out the windows, the roads seem better today.
            Unseen but seeing
            oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
            There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
            3rd shift needs love, too
            RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

My only real complaint right now is a couple of main roads have "speed bumps" that are random piles of frozen snow/ice that....were skipped over? Left on purpose? Idk?

The other night, the second highway I take to work was a complete icy, bumpy mess. This is a MAIN HIGHWAY, there was NO REASON for it to be that way. It was as if someone started plowing the on ramp, said "F it" and went to break for the rest of the day. Every other highway was at least decent. This was awful!

I agree with Becks. There was no reason for this.

I hate when the news does specials with the plow crews where they whine about how hard their job is and how hard we make it by driving in bad weather. Yeah, if nothing's open, no business, no money. Get it? People get fired over not showing up to work, in all circumstances. Like anyone really wants to be out in that shit.

And those harpy people who say "Be patient, it was a bad storm, they will be plowing the best they can. It's going to take a while!"

Um, no. This is Wisconsin, not some desert that is not used to snow. I hate to sound like my parents, but years ago, 7 inches of snow could have been a twice or thrice weekly occurance. Snow should never cripple Wisconsin, but every time it snows, it seems it takes longer and longer to clean up and organize again.

I shudder to think of next December (well, I'm hoping it's not until then, preferably never but let's be realistic. At least NOT AGAIN until this coming winter, please) when we get our next 2 freaking feet of snow blizzard. Let me guess, we'll be immobilized for 3 days and need the National Guard to help us out.
              You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
                All day yesterday I kept thinking, "Where are the plows??"
                Betcha the highway department has already removed the plows and converted all their trucks to spring/summer configuration.
                I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Working...
                X